IGNORED

5200 3-In-1 Controller Conversion

ninermaniac

I realize that this has probably already been done. I suggest that if anyone has the means to make one to do so. It works great with all the games. Dual controls for Space Dungeon and Robotron 2084 which work without a hitch or glitch. Trackball works like it was by itself. This conversion was a little time consuming but worth the effort just to make it easier to play all the games without having controllers setting beside you ready to plug in after your done with a game that uses a different kind of controller. Check it out. :cool:

If the joysticks where raised to have the boots flush with the body of the trackball it would look alot nicer. All in all another great idea niner, you just gotta get the cosmetic aspect of hardware modding down and your gonna be aces.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

That was a brilliant idea. To my knowledge no one has ever done that. I agree with Shawn Sr. though that you should try to raise the joysticks so the boots are flush with the top of the controller. I can't wait to try this on a trackball.

Allan

I say with your brains and my LOOKS we could make millions ;) Looks awesome Seth - You should start selling these things. I owe you a Trackball - will try to get out to my Cabin this weekend - if not by next weekend for sure - and get the one I told you about and send that baby to ya'... Also the Wico newest Pro I picked up still has some issues but the seller tells me the 2 he has both worked flawlessly - I'm picking up some spray contact cleaner tomorrow at Rat Shack and will find out if it's just dirty contacts... Then I'll PM you if you still want it.

Thanks guys. I can tell ya it's a very tight fit. It will take some very close shaving down to get it flush. The top circuit board hangs slightly out to where it makes it a tight fit. I'll break out the old Dremel and try it but like I said. It's pretty tight in there. I guess if you want perfection you gotta perfect your creation. :D I'll take it apart and see what I can do to make it flush. I'm also gonna try to make the holes more uniform and taper them a little bit. This was my first try at this bad boy. I am glad you guys are critical about the little things that can be worked on. INSPIRATION!!!! That's what I love. ;)

I say with your brains and my LOOKS we could make millions ;) Looks awesome Seth - You should start selling these things. I owe you a Trackball - will try to get out to my Cabin this weekend - if not by next weekend for sure - and get the one I told you about and send that baby to ya'... Also the Wico newest Pro I picked up still has some issues but the seller tells me the 2 he has both worked flawlessly - I'm picking up some spray contact cleaner tomorrow at Rat Shack and will find out if it's just dirty contacts... Then I'll PM you if you still want it.

LOL. Millions. I would like millions of $. Thanks for the vote of confidence. :cool: Oh yeah.... The trackball. I completely forgot about that. Yes! I sure am still interested in the Wico Pro. Let me know if you get it working. Good luck. :D I got confidence in ya.

Does the trak-ball still work?

Yup. 100%. That's why I like it. :D

How did you wire this? I see that you have three wires but I'm confused at how you could make all the buttons work for both the joysticks and the trackball.

Allan

The the first joystick on the left is the master joystick. The joystick on the right functions are for movement only. The way it is wired is that the left joystick utilizes the buttons and the right does not. The trackball functions by itself when the center cable is plugged into the console. The three cables are for each one. The wiring inside is basically wired from the trackball utilizing the various colored wires and spread out to the two joysticks. Except the right joystick is only wired with the pots wires. It really isn't hard. Just tedious in making the necessary cuts for the holes for placement. I'll take a pic of the inside tomorrow and let you see how I did the work. I'm not great at explaining things so I'll show in the pics. A picture says a thousand words. ;)

Edited by ninermaniac

Hey I dont know how to make crap, but how much would you charge to make me one?

I can send you the Trakball and another controller. Is that all the parts you need to make this?

PM me if you want to do this and let me know how much. It would be no rush at all either, take your time If you decide to take this on for me. So please PM me if its possible. Thanks Seth -Ant