IGNORED

AV Modded CV Problems

RickO2

A year ago I had my CV modded for composite audio/video. Now the Colecovision has started to get verticle lines that show up and when the game starts the video gets a bunch of crazy sprites that end up covering most of the screen. It is doing this with BRAND SPANKIN NEW games so I know it isn't the carts fault. When I put in Road Fighter the opening logo is crystal clear but then it goes to the select screen and the previously mentioned problems happen. I originally thought it might be the cart slot but then the opening logo screen wouldn't come in either.

Any idea's?

The power switch was fixed about 2 years ago. I hope that isn't the problem :x

Edited by RickO2

That wasn't the problem. It might be the cartridge slot. What's the best way to get that clean? The gap is too small for Q-tips.

Probably bad VRAM memories... Sometimes cleaning the VRAM contact pins helps, but it isn't guaranteed... You may need to replace one or more VRAM chips.

Rick02

I have used a piece of cloth over a thin plastic (strip of an old credit card) soaked in alcohol to clean cartridge slots before. The cloth I used was from an old dress shirt because I did not want something prone to snagging or that would leave behind lint. My Colecovision did have a bad ram chip. It had a definite repeatable video pattern. I would check/clean the power connections, power switch, and cart slot as well as the carts first. These are the most common problem areas in my very limited experience. Good luck.

BAH