IGNORED

Price stats on STARCON Controller

the.golden.ax

They sure could. There's even a schematic online which explains how to do it. It's easier to build a joystick exclusively for the 5200 than it is to build an adapter that accepts 2600 or Sega Genesis controllers, and it takes fewer parts. Does someone have a copy of the StarCon schematic handy?

They sure could. There's even a schematic online which explains how to do it. It's easier to build a joystick exclusively for the 5200 than it is to build an adapter that accepts 2600 or Sega Genesis controllers, and it takes fewer parts. Does someone have a copy of the StarCon schematic handy?

ive had good luck making up,down,left,right joysticks using a 500k pot for x and one for y

the trick is using an arcade joystick that uses micro switches and the right and down use the nc contact

also you can use the pot to play super breakout or other games that have absolute positioning

it could be cool if there was a etch a sketch cartridge

pm me for a schematic

Try this link I posted from 2003:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=372516

Do they all have open bottoms?

AX

Yes. Unfortunately no bases for them Ax. It wouldn't be hard to make an acrylic bottom for it. I would ditch the ribbon cable though and put on a 5200 NOS cable for sure. Unless you want to keep it all original. :cool:

Edited by ninermaniac

It wouldn't be hard to make an acrylic bottom for it.

That's what I did for mine and it works (and looks) really nice. My biggest complaint is that the two buttons are right below each other instead of next to each other. I don't like that spacing.

Tempest

It would be really easy to build one using an arcade joytick that uses microswitches. Here's a schematic for the stick that bigO helped me with unsing nc/no microswitches on each direction:

post-7533-1224722373_thumb.jpg

On the STARCONS, afaik only the original run had bottoms made for them. Evidently the top shells were all slightly different size for some reason so the bottoms were made individually by tracing the shape of the top shell onto a piece of plywood. The re-released ones didn't come with a bottom part.

It would be really easy to build one using an arcade joytick that uses microswitches. Here's a schematic for the stick that bigO helped me with unsing nc/no microswitches on each direction:

post-7533-1224722373_thumb.jpg

On the STARCONS, afaik only the original run had bottoms made for them. Evidently the top shells were all slightly different size for some reason so the bottoms were made individually by tracing the shape of the top shell onto a piece of plywood. The re-released ones didn't come with a bottom part.

gee why have the 10k resistors isnt definite up and left 0 ohms?

i use pots and put an no on one side and the nc on the other that way i can have absolute center some games need a bit of dialing in like say pole position or it just drives a little left or right when the stick is untouched

good games to check for center choplifter,digdug,missile command