IGNORED

How can I determine BallBlazer end label?

megasdkirby

I was looking at my collection of duplicates to see what I can sell, and I stumbled across a CIB copy of BallBlazer, but with the red end label. My other copy is sealed and I don't wish to open it.

Is there any way, by examining the box, that I can tell if the other version (the sealed one) has a red end label cart or the silver ended version?

I bought a sealed BALLBLAZER from ebay.And YES!It was a red end label! :D I think the story is,Atari simply ran out of the silver labels,and opted to use the red labels from the existing Atari red label carts.

I bought a sealed BALLBLAZER from ebay.And YES!It was a red end label! :D I think the story is,Atari simply ran out of the silver labels,and opted to use the red labels from the existing Atari red label carts.

Wrong, it was a misprint.

Oh okay,so they simply printed BallBlazer on the wrong labels?That makes them even more desirable,and makes them more rare,at least i like to think so!

Edited by Rik

Both are pretty common, actually. I believe it was Shawn who posted a picture of a whole box full of red label BallBlazer carts. I purchased one sealed, and out of curiosity I opened the box. It was red.

Almost half the new-original-stock ballblazers I bought to make into Beef Drops had red labels. I would guess overall they are less common but I would not consider them rare.

My goodness. How many Ballblazer carts did Atari make!? Beef Drop ain't exactly scarce, either. And the there are RAM carts like mine that have a stock Pokey in them.

I've actually heard of Commando being used for its 128k plus Pokey setup, and it's supposedly rarer than the red Ballblazer.

My goodness. How many Ballblazer carts did Atari make!? Beef Drop ain't exactly scarce, either.

It's not? I'd call anything measured in hundreds (if that) very scarce.

But yeah, the red labels are pretty common. That was one hell of a long misprint.

Good point. What are there, 150 or so of them with numbers on Ballblazer boards? IIRC, the VE carts use one of the new boards. My VE got one of CPUWIZ's AtariService boards.

On top of that, though, how many Ballblazers have been scrapped to make RAM carts and other projects that need the Pokey?

My goodness. How many Ballblazer carts did Atari make!? Beef Drop ain't exactly scarce, either.

It's not? I'd call anything measured in hundreds (if that) very scarce.

But yeah, the red labels are pretty common. That was one hell of a long misprint.

Good point. What are there, 150 or so of them with numbers on Ballblazer boards? IIRC, the VE carts use one of the new boards. My VE got one of CPUWIZ's AtariService boards.

On top of that, though, how many Ballblazers have been scrapped to make RAM carts and other projects that need the Pokey?

Even more so how many ballblazers have been junked just to take the pokey out for arcade machine servicing. No worries though, there are still shitloads of ballblazer cases NOS in the hands of many resellers :)

I need your guys help. I just got a new copy of Ballblazer for myself (my old one is now lost) and it has the red end label but it simply will not work in my system. There is no 'P' sticker on the cartridge, but the stupid game refuses to work. Every time I turn on the system I just get either red wavy lines or a black screen. The cart says CX7815...I mean it looks like a NTSC cart...but then again...I know for a fact there is nothing wrong with my system. EVERY game I own works fine and this cart is in perfect like new condition.

Did I get myself a PAL version of the game? Or is there something wrong with the cart? Before this, I bought a cart only Ballblazer with the Silver end label and it didn't work either...but I found a 'P' sticker on the back of it so I figured it was PAL.

This is really frustrating to say the least...

Edited by Tanegashima