IGNORED

My Super Pac-Man stopped working

the 5th ghost

I'm super bummed too. I bought this repro here at the AtariAge store when it was first realeased, and didn't get around to playing it much other than a few quick games.

Anyway, I just got the urge to play this one more seriously, and found it does not work. I feel like I never got a chance to really enjoy this game, especially since this was one of those games I loved to play back in the arcade. :(

Has anyone else experienced problems with this one going dead on them? The sticker on the back mentions a 90 day warranty, but that has LONG expired.

Any way I can replace it with a working one?

post-2095-1225290259_thumb.jpg

I'm super bummed too. I bought this repro here at the AtariAge store when it was first realeased, and didn't get around to playing it much other than a few quick games.

Anyway, I just got the urge to play this one more seriously, and found it does not work. I feel like I never got a chance to really enjoy this game, especially since this was one of those games I loved to play back in the arcade. :(

Has anyone else experienced problems with this one going dead on them? The sticker on the back mentions a 90 day warranty, but that has LONG expired.

Any way I can replace it with a working one?

If want you can send me your cart and I will burn a new rom for it. There is a newer version of Super Pacman from Landon Dyer with a couple of bug fixes. I will put the new version on it. PM me if you want me to do it.

Allan

Can you try it in another 5200 to make sure the cartridge is dead?

The game fires up, but the title screen is jumbled and then freezes. Not sure if hooking up my 2 port would make a difference.

**EDIT**

Hooked up my 2 port anyway, same thing: scrambled title screen, then freezes.

Edited by the 5th ghost

I've seen that many times with various carts. It happens to me when I try to use an Activision 5200 game and it isn't sitting in the cart hole *just right*. Did you try cleaning the cart's metal connector area, and trying to firmly pop it into the 5200 so it makes a good connection?

I've seen that many times with various carts. It happens to me when I try to use an Activision 5200 game and it isn't sitting in the cart hole *just right*. Did you try cleaning the cart's metal connector area, and trying to firmly pop it into the 5200 so it makes a good connection?

Yep, the cart is bad.

But Allan is coming through for me. Can't thank him enough! :thumbsup: