IGNORED

How do you double the 64k 7800 games?

advfan

Topic title says it all. I've read that there are some games that ProSystem has some problems to emulate because they use a specific banking scheme, but that there is a trick to make them work by doubling them to 128k.

But, and forgive my ignorance, how do you do that? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Drop to a dos window and use the following command.

copy /b filename.ext+filename.ext newfilename.ext

where filename.ext is the name of the file to be doubled and newfilename.ext is whatever name you want the doubled version to be.

Hi,

thanks for your help. I followed your instructions, and yes, I managed to make a copy of all the games (Tower Toppler, Water Ski, Tank Command), but when trying to use them, I only get a black screen. What am I doing wrong?

Are you setting them up as 128k games?

What exactly do you mean? When I do the copy command I get a file that's 128-129k big. Previously they are 65k.

I'm using the Prosystem 1.2 emulator and I don't see any options there for such a thing. Sorry again for so many questions, but I'm a newbie in some of these things.

What exactly do you mean? When I do the copy command I get a file that's 128-129k big. Previously they are 65k.

I'm using the Prosystem 1.2 emulator and I don't see any options there for such a thing. Sorry again for so many questions, but I'm a newbie in some of these things.

My bad, I didn't catch the EMU part. I thought you where trying to put 64k games on a 1meg eprom. Ignore my previous post. As for your emulation issues, I got no clue what your gonna have to do.

Make sure you are using the BIN file version and not the A78 version.

Mitch