IGNORED

Anyone know what this is for?

Phantom

Whoa, I've never come across anything like that, ever. The fact that it's with a manual and seems unused makes this very very suspicious.

also, why this might be a bit picky, that manual seems a bit too modern to me. I would say this would be a mid 80s to early 90s product, not anything during the "golden age" of atari gaming. at least not 1982 ish.

of course I could be wrong ( I hope! I want to see what this might be!). :P

Edit: Thanks CPUWIZ, it's not for 2600, that's why it threw me off. what a weird concept for a game.

Edited by Csonicgo

Whoa, I've never come across anything like that, ever. The fact that it's with a manual and seems unused makes this very very suspicious.

also, why this might be a bit picky, that manual seems a bit too modern to me. I would say this would be a mid 80s to early 90s product, not anything during the "golden age" of atari gaming. at least not 1982 ish.

Edit: Thanks CPUWIZ, it's not for 2600, that's why it threw me off. what a weird concept for a game.

A friend of mine had one of these back in the early 80s. Among the little demo apps was a simple balloon game where you tense & relax the muscles in your forehead to raise & lower the balloon's height. I think you had to fly the balloon through obstacles like Barnstorming or something. Couldn't play very long though or the muscles in your forehead would start to hurt.

I don't think it responded very well either. Getting frustrated by the bad controls would make your forehead muscles tense up and it controlled even worse. The novelty wore off quickly.

There is a link in the auction. :ponder:

And people, please quit posting ebay links in the 2600 forum.

>moved<

I didn't read the entire auction obviously

and figured maybe someone could help me understand what it was!

Was it that big a deal to post an auction link? I dont see the point???

I wanted more info on it like does anyone have one and what good is it for and stuff

and I posted the link for reference only since the listing was OVER!

Seriously I do not see why posting a link for reference is a big deal, especially when it is over.

Visuals always help discusion and that is all I was after.

I just wanted some info and I didnt notice the link or I would have used it and yes I feel dumb now that I see it and I dont think of using Atarimania as much as I should I suppose.

I saw it, I headed here instead of reading the entire listing because rarely is there a link and since I searched the entire AA Database and found nothing, I decided to ask everyone for any input.

I would still like anyones info on it because it seems to me like a device that was made using Mindlink technology maybe or jus similar and I find the Mindlink fascinating.

I wont post anymore links in the sacred 2600 section, dont worry. :P

Please, if anyone cares to share any experiences with this product, please share. Thank you

A friend of mine had one of these back in the early 80s. Among the little demo apps was a simple balloon game where you tense & relax the muscles in your forehead to raise & lower the balloon's height. I think you had to fly the balloon through obstacles like Barnstorming or something. Couldn't play very long though or the muscles in your forehead would start to hurt.

I don't think it responded very well either. Getting frustrated by the bad controls would make your forehead muscles tense up and it controlled even worse. The novelty wore off quickly.

Thank you, thats the kinda info I wanted. More stories welcome. Thanks again :)