IGNORED

This has to be one of the highest price games that ever sold

Dryfter

OK, this ticks me off. No Atari 2600 game has ever reached this price level before. I stood by and watched NEO GEO have games surpass that Atari 2600. Then I saw the NES NWC Gold cart surpass the Atari 2600 in price. Even some PS1 game come close to the Atari 2600. I can live with that because these systems WERE NOT during the Atari 2600 hey day. Now we have some punk Intellivision collector surpassing us by paying more than anyone has for an Atari 2600 game. And I for one have to say it time for the Atari 2600 to at least take back the title of king of systems pre NES. This is utter garbage. Atari should have the highest priced game pre NES :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I doubt it's a legit purchase. I bet it's the cart owner buying his own cart with a different account. He can always get the fee's back via non-paying bidder report. Also if there ever was an Air Raid found CIB I'm more than sure it would sell for $10k and that PGP-1 is worth around $10k if I'm not mistaken also.

I doubt it's a legit purchase. I bet it's the cart owner buying his own cart with a different account. He can always get the fee's back via non-paying bidder report. Also if there ever was an Air Raid found CIB I'm more than sure it would sell for $10k and that PGP-1 is worth around $10k if I'm not mistaken also.

Why would he go thru this hastle? I'm pretty sure this is legit. I've bought from this guy before, if you like, I could ask :)

I'd never pay this much for a game...well maybe if I win powerball tonight! :D

Why would he go thru this hastle? I'm pretty sure this is legit. I've bought from this guy before, if you like, I could ask :)

Well if you know the guy how about asking him for some pics of the PCB so so we can see if it's even a real proto or not.

Well if you know the guy how about asking him for some pics of the PCB so so we can see if it's even a real proto or not.

Unfortunately, since it's been sold, it's no longer his to open.

On an unrelated note, I think this seller is the tops.

I've bought from him lots of times, but then, there's a difference between $5 carts and $8000 ones, and I can only vouch for the former.

Actually I talked to the guy who released another prototype cart that this seller had up for auction here (Same game and Robots) and that cart is legit according to the guy I talked to. He did say that the only difference between the "prototype" and an actual boxed release is the label so take that for what it's worth :) I have no doubt that the other cart is legit as well.

He might do all that because there was already on thread on this cart and some people here were making fun of the seller. Then a "mystery collector" who claims he wasn't the seller (with zero posts) came in and defended the seller. Then the auction sells and the "defender claims "I told you so". After which he disapears.

So why would he do that? Either just to win an argument here on AA or to establish this cart has a high dollar item only to have the "buyer" resell it later down the road.

Then again who knows? It is possible someone had more money than they knew what to do with and really wanted this questionable cart.

Uh.. I'm not too smart when it comes to INTV stuff... I did sell a Yogi game for INTV 4 years ago for $49, and was happy to have done so since I bought it at my local comic shop for 49 cents (the same one I got a Stadium Mud Buggies cib at that I sold for around $200) I only ever dabbled in INVT because they had slim pickins on Atari that day... Was Yogi released? Was mine worth this much, or was this one this high because it was a proto? It did have a white label, and was cart only. *ugh* give me happy news.

AX

Uh.. I'm not too smart when it comes to INTV stuff... I did sell a Yogi game for INTV 4 years ago for $49, and was happy to have done so since I bought it at my local comic shop for 49 cents (the same one I got a Stadium Mud Buggies cib at that I sold for around $200) I only ever dabbled in INVT because they had slim pickins on Atari that day... Was Yogi released? Was mine worth this much, or was this one this high because it was a proto? It did have a white label, and was cart only. *ugh* give me happy news.

AX

Yogi was never released. I have a feeling I know where it came from but I don't want to speak out of turn. You can get Yogi on ROM so I'm sure someone just threw it on a board. There are other games for the INTV that were made that were never put to cart. I think someone just paid too much for something...hah

This is slightly off-topic, but I have to vent on one of my biggest pet peeves ever.

IF YOU SELL SOMETHING FOR OVER $8,000, YOU HAVE SOME SET OF BALLS TO CHARGE FOR SHIPPING!!!!!! SOME SET!!!!!!!!!!! :x

There, I feel much better now. :D

Yeah, I did half way expect the $355 cib Tank Command 7800 seller to give me my shipping free... he did knock of 50 cents and popped for free insurance :D

AX

This is slightly off-topic, but I have to vent on one of my biggest pet peeves ever.

IF YOU SELL SOMETHING FOR OVER $8,000, YOU HAVE SOME SET OF BALLS TO CHARGE FOR SHIPPING!!!!!! SOME SET!!!!!!!!!!! :x

There, I feel much better now. :D

Yeah, I did half way expect the $355 cib Tank Command 7800 seller to give me my shipping free... he did knock of 50 cents and popped for free insurance :D

AX

I think the worst I ever saw was this huge carrot diamond a few years back. It was in the million dollar range, and shipping was like $20. I've been pissed off ever since. :)

No feedback has been left for the transaction. That's suspicious in itself.

I don't really buy this as being real. It's borderline bizzare to list a proto at $10k with no pix of the PCB.

I don't know who would throw that kind of cash at this proto, it doesn't really make sense as most of the major Inty guys have toned down. I can't speak for the Europeans, since they have been known to throw down silly cash, but the US guys are much much more sensible than $8k.

I'd be happy to find it to be legitimate, I just doubt that is the case.

ian

OK, this ticks me off. No Atari 2600 game has ever reached this price level before. I stood by and watched NEO GEO have games surpass that Atari 2600. Then I saw the NES NWC Gold cart surpass the Atari 2600 in price. Even some PS1 game come close to the Atari 2600. I can live with that because these systems WERE NOT during the Atari 2600 hey day. Now we have some punk Intellivision collector surpassing us by paying more than anyone has for an Atari 2600 game. And I for one have to say it time for the Atari 2600 to at least take back the title of king of systems pre NES. This is utter garbage. Atari should have the highest priced game pre NES :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Piece of work.

No feedback has been left for the transaction. That's suspicious in itself.

I don't really buy this as being real. It's borderline bizzare to list a proto at $10k with no pix of the PCB.

I don't know who would throw that kind of cash at this proto, it doesn't really make sense as most of the major Inty guys have toned down. I can't speak for the Europeans, since they have been known to throw down silly cash, but the US guys are much much more sensible than $8k.

I'd be happy to find it to be legitimate, I just doubt that is the case.

ian

Am I considered one of the Major Inty guys yet? ;)