IGNORED

Just plain good 7800 games.

CV Gus

Sure, it may have been the least of the "original 3" in sales and such, but a good game is a good game.

And so-

Dig Dug- One of the best versions of the arcade game. It is VERY playable, and captures the essence of the arcade classic.

Joust- The reason I got a 7800. Granted, had the CV version existed, I wouldn't've, but this one really is great. The Pterydactyl could've looked a bit better, but still fantastic.

Xevious- I like it better than the NES version, even if the NES version looks sleeker. Another great arcade-to-home translation.

Food Fight- Sure, it looks more like a good 2600 Activision game, but this is the sort of goofy game one expected from years ago. Like a funny Robotron.

Asteroids- I preferred the vector look, but this version is just fine. The 7800's abilities shine here.

Robotron: 2084- I prefer the 5200 version, but this one is also good. If only it had the border.

Pole Position 2- Beautiful racing game, which also captures the essence of the arcade game.

Ms. Pac Man- O.K., so it's not really much better than the 5200 version- but that was really good to begin with. So how can this be anything but a winner?

Tower Toppler- Proof of what the 7800 could really do. You'd almost expect to see this one on a SMS.

Sure, it may have been the least of the "original 3" in sales and such, but a good game is a good game.

And so-

Dig Dug- One of the best versions of the arcade game. It is VERY playable, and captures the essence of the arcade classic.

Joust- The reason I got a 7800. Granted, had the CV version existed, I wouldn't've, but this one really is great. The Pterydactyl could've looked a bit better, but still fantastic.

Xevious- I like it better than the NES version, even if the NES version looks sleeker. Another great arcade-to-home translation.

Food Fight- Sure, it looks more like a good 2600 Activision game, but this is the sort of goofy game one expected from years ago. Like a funny Robotron.

Asteroids- I preferred the vector look, but this version is just fine. The 7800's abilities shine here.

Robotron: 2084- I prefer the 5200 version, but this one is also good. If only it had the border.

Pole Position 2- Beautiful racing game, which also captures the essence of the arcade game.

Ms. Pac Man- O.K., so it's not really much better than the 5200 version- but that was really good to begin with. So how can this be anything but a winner?

Tower Toppler- Proof of what the 7800 could really do. You'd almost expect to see this one on a SMS.

I agree with all that.

And might I add, I think I actually play Asteroids the most. Its a really great game, especially in two player mode.

Not sure what the Food Fight comment is supposed to mean, it's a port of the arcade game and a good one at that.

Can't argue with any of the choices though

I'd add Centipede, Commando, Galaga, Mario Bros. and Midnight Mutants too.

DK, DK Jr. One On One, Klax, Pete Rose Baseball and Mean 18 Golf are also pretty good IMO

Edited by godzillajoe

My collection so far: Asteroids, Ballblazer, Centipede, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong Junior, Joust, Xevious, Ms Pac Man, Tower Toppler, Galaga, Pole Position II, Food Fight, Robotron: 2084, Centipede, Dark Chambers, Karateka, and Crack'ed. With the exception of the last two, I love all of them. The 7800 had a very solid library as far as I'm concerned.

Still want:

Mario Bros

Commando

Beef Drop

Midnight Mutants

Ninja Golf

Rampage

Scrapyard Dog

Xenphobe

Plus a few of the homebrews, should I happen to run across any.

Midnight Mutants is a great game, and is certainly an NES era worthy game. Ikari Warriors is awesome. Klax is awesome. Beef Drop is awesome. PAcMan Collection is awesome. Space Duel, Space Invaders (were it to exist *wink*), Asteroids Deluxe, Tower Toppler, Joust, Food Fight, Bonq, Alien Brigade, Dig Dug, Galaga, Xevious, and Ms. PacMan are all awesome.

Edited by Atarifever