IGNORED

Weapon of Choice

Jess Ragan

This one took me by surprise. It's one of those XNA games designed by hobbyists, but you couldn't tell that it was an amateur effort from watching it in action. It's really surreal, but also pretty sleek, with vibrant graphics that really jump out at you on a high-def screen. Plus, there are a lot of really cool play mechanics that set it apart from the usual Contra clone... the right thumbstick aims your gun, and you can save characters who've died (then use them in later stages) by carrying them to the end of the round. It's a modest five dollars, so it might be worth the plunge if you're into side-scrolling run 'n gun shooters.

Damn....why don't they have this guy making XBL games??

That was pretty neat. Hope he gets somewhere with it. I also hope it comes to XBL...I love those shooters. :cool:

Dude, it's on Xbox Live. Go to Game Marketplace, then Community Games. There are at least twenty games currently available. Some of them stink, and some of them are just plain weird (In The Pit, which has no graphics at all!), but there's a few gems scattered amongst the rubble.

I didn't realize these games were available to everyone.

I thought you had to pay to me a member of that XNA Creaters Club to get those games.

Have these always been available??

I've never seen them before. Musta been hidden in a spot I never saw. I only saw the games in the Marketplace.

The games were just made available, to coincide with the release of the new desktop.

There are 45 games already, with Weapon of Choice and Biology Battle being the best of the lot. There are a lot of games that are distressingly weak, with polished graphics and sound failing to hide the wrongheadedness of their design. Bloc? Booooring. Rift? Booooring! Artoon? You guessed it, boring! Now I understand the importance of quality control in official Xbox Live releases.