IGNORED

Atari v Commodore

stevelanc

taking a game from the 80s and some 90s polish cheaply coded (no offence...) game is not fair. as you mentioned... the game is called operation wolf and not operation blood... same with f.e. Barbarian... while the polish version is a cheap conversion while Tezz or Wrathchild had the c64 engine already running on a8......

Come on .... Barbarian Engine running... ?

Are you talking about the two barbarians on the backgroundless screen?

If so , we better should forget it. It's not worth to mention.

Or, do you know something new?

aehm.... Mark did post here an Barbarian Demo which replicates the soft sprite engine for the fighters......

So, better not talking bout it further.

The funny thing is, if polish coders make a great game (like yoomp) you brag about it all the time. Interesting, isn't it ?

Don't forget about the time when it appeared.

Eru really did learn his lessons.

oh, yes... Eru did learn the lessons... icon_wink.gif your lessons? icon_wink.gif one of the best 6502 coders I know... icon_wink.gif main coder of Numen... sure... and Fox did learn his leassons, too... icon_mrgreen.gif

Jesus....

Now you start to read my writes wrong, aswell?

I wrote "he learned his lessons".... where is the point to missunderstand?

You really shouldn't read posts of weird C64ers... it could be infective icon_wink.gif

ERU is the Coder of Yoomp!, which was mentioned by Rockford. That's the point.

Edited by emkay
  • Like 1

Ikari warriors for C64 is IMHO perfect as it is.... I spent countless hours with two of my best friends trying to reach the end...

Gameplay is one of the best two player games for C64.

Interesting thing is: We never reached more then quarter of the game when playing in pair... And each of us could go to the end alone ? :)

So no need for bigger screen, and different aspect ratio... details... not important for game play which is awesome :thumbsup:

If only it would be ported to A8.... :ponder:

better review that US version. It's totally awful!

38 - OPERATION WOLF / OPERATION BLOOD

post-24409-125503323643_thumb.png

C64

post-24409-125503327552_thumb.gif

C64

post-24409-125503330896_thumb.gif

C64

The C64 version has better music, graphics, scrolling, handling and more colours. The Atari version has jerky scrolling and horrible colours - green all the way (good grief ! even the sky is green :D ). Additionally, many things were cut off (between level graphics, ability to smash windows etc.). C64 shows its power again. :cool:

post-24409-125503346271_thumb.gif

ATARI

post-24409-125503348363_thumb.gif

ATARI

post-24409-125503350902_thumb.gif

ATARI

Nah just a poor job. 1988, you still do not learn... :roll:

C64

C64

C64

The C64 version has better music, graphics, scrolling, handling and more colours. The Atari version has jerky scrolling and horrible colours - green all the way (good grief ! even the sky is green :D ). Additionally, many things were cut off (between level graphics, ability to smash windows etc.). C64 shows its power again. :cool:

ATARI

ATARI

ATARI

C64

C64

C64

ATARI

ATARI

ATARI

really... why should I spend my time.......

why did you not pick Ultima 3, Raid over Moscow, Beach head 2, Summer games, Mail order Monster, Racing Construction set......... just to name few of games appearing at the same time...

taking a game from the 80s and some 90s polish cheaply coded (no offence...) game is not fair. as you mentioned... the game is called operation wolf and not operation blood... same with f.e. Barbarian... while the polish version is a cheap conversion while Tezz or Wrathchild had the c64 engine already running on a8......

The funny thing is, if polish coders make a great game (like yoomp) you brag about it all the time. Interesting, isn't it ?

Bad games are all over. Look at many of the poor c64 examples from the UK. There are also many great UK games.

Too late, I'm in love with image00222.jpgBarnacle Boyimage00222.jpg

It’s excellent, me and ATARI, the 10000s post, what could be better.

image00222.jpgBarnacle Boy image00222.jpgI am truly honored, it is a great privilege for me to be the participant of the 10000s post.

And,image00222.jpgBarnacle Boyimage00222.jpg I truly know that you do not discriminate against someone else's appearance, so that makes it double special.

Many grateful kisses from me to you, and long may ATARI lead (as in cheerleader)lady.jpg

10000 post....ATARI 8-bit RULES.....10000 post

atari_logo_2391.gifatari_logo_2391.gifatari_logo_2391.gifatari_logo_2391.gifatari_logo_2391.gifatari_logo_2391.gifatari_logo_2391.gifatari_logo_2391.gifatari_logo_2391.gifatari_logo_2391.gifatari_logo_2391.gif

• Like 1

Nothing better than a good stick for poking into the cage ! :D

Here is another C64 lovely just as I remember most c64 games from that time period.

C64 looks bad again!

I think Atari 2600 could do much better :D

:D

Atarian63, this thing you're doing where you run off to Lemon64, search for low-rated games, and then post pics of them here is pretty dumb, honestly. You must know that anyone with the inclination could post an absolute boatload of shots of extremely crappy looking Atari games from your so-called golden age. But what would that prove? That there were crappy games released even during the system's best years?* OMG, say it aint so!

At least Rockford is actually comparing games that appeared on both systems, rather than just digging out shots of any crappy game he can find. Meanwhile, you're starting to look like a guy with a full-body skin condition who is trying to point and laugh at the odd patch of scaly skin on somebody else's elbow.

You really don't want to answer this question, do you?

It just shows how bad the system was during the period. There are many examples.

But does it? I mean, really? If I post one hundred screenshots from crappy looking Atari games released in '82-'83, would you say "Well yes, that just shows how bad the Atari was during that period".

Or would you start up with the "Yeah but, no but, see, the thing is... they were just bad programmer jobs, etc etc."

• Like 1

Ikari warriors for C64 is IMHO perfect as it is.... I spent countless hours with two of my best friends trying to reach the end...

Gameplay is one of the best two player games for C64.

Interesting thing is: We never reached more then quarter of the game when playing in pair... And each of us could go to the end alone ? :)

So no need for bigger screen, and different aspect ratio... details... not important for game play which is awesome :thumbsup:

If only it would be ported to A8.... :ponder:

I never liked Ikari Warriors C64 version, has bad colors and playability. Instead I prefer the ROAR game with best set of colors and mixing hi-res with med-res graphics. Same type of game.

Edited by Allas
  • Like 1

And.. I asked you if you had a relevant question.. obviously no as usual. You need to find a better way to argue Barnacle Butt. You have no arguement as there are tons of example of how awful the c64 was during the 82-84 time period. Heck there are even some in 1988 :D Amazing!

I can post some for you if you like however you seem familar with lemon. Maybe you should go back there. Lot of other sources just as easy, you must have missed my Atari 2600 vs C64 post today. Though kind of in jest it is amazing how bad c64 was.

We use to laugh and laugh at my retail store when c64 came out :D

one would assume u laughed your asses off until the 64 sales went stratospheric, all the games coders jumped ship and the atari sank without trace?

must have been one hell of a year for u. a real hoot.

what did u do after 1985? did it involve asking "do u want fries with that?"

Steve

Steve, I am still in businees after all these years. In 85 we just moved on to the Atari ST! C64 never took of for us and with the poor quality and constant returns I never cared a bit. Software sales were only fair. C64 never did much as most people went on to ST and Amiga or Mac or PC.

However I would imagine if I want "fries with that" I'll come see you at whatever fast food place you dwell.

Considering the fact that Atari ST was a flop in the US market, you must have starved for many years, hadn't you ? :D

Considering the fact that Atari ST was a flop in the US market, you must have starved for many years, hadn't you ? :D

Uh-oh, I hope this isn't going to head down the (standard) road that Jay Miner's work was so absolutely brilliant when it wears a Commodore nameplate but unworthy of anything when it didn't......Rabid enthusiasts flock to that double standard.

• Like 1

Uh-oh, I hope this isn't going to head down the (standard) road that Jay Miner's work was so absolutely brilliant when it wears a Commodore nameplate but unworthy of anything when it didn't......Rabid enthusiasts flock to that double standard.

No, brilliant stuff with the 2600 & the TIA, sadly downhill from there onwards :)

A brief resurgence of brilliance from Atari with the 7800, but Miner had nothing to do with it, so that probably explains it ;)

Edited by andym00

No, brilliant stuff with the 2600 & the TIA, sadly downhill from there onwards :)

A brief resurgence of brilliance from Atari with the 7800, but Miner had nothing to do with it, so that probably explains it ;)

Someone already beat you to that fanboyish comment and was refuted here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/146898-atari-diminishing-efforts/

I'm sorry to say, but you may have a serious medical problem. Read it carefully please.

"Eproctophilia (fart fetish) is a sexual fetish, most commonly in straight men in which they receive arousal from their partner's flatulence. It is sometimes seen as a lighter form of coprophilia, aka scat. Unlike scat however, there are no health risks involved.

Not all eproctophiles enjoy the notorious cake farts. In fact, several of them are just as grossed out as normal people and only a slim minority of them like it. Instead, the majority of them enjoy the smell and/or sound their partner's farts make."

You should consult your doctor as soon as possible. Maybe there is still a hope. :D

Even if Atari marketed the Amiga and Commodore Atari ST, then according to his biased mentality, Amiga would be a "flop" regardless of sales. In that case, they can use the C64 canned arguments that bigger palette isn't necessary (640*400 noninterlace is superior), 3 voices are better than 4 voices, etc. I am not sure how they would handle the 8Mhz vs. 7.16Mhz.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to say, but you may have a serious medical problem. Read it carefully please.

"Eproctophilia (fart fetish) is a sexual fetish, most commonly in straight men in which they receive arousal from their partner's flatulence. It is sometimes seen as a lighter form of coprophilia, aka scat. Unlike scat however, there are no health risks involved.

Not all eproctophiles enjoy the notorious cake farts. In fact, several of them are just as grossed out as normal people and only a slim minority of them like it. Instead, the majority of them enjoy the smell and/or sound their partner's farts make."

Careful everyone, Rocky Mountain's been visiting Wikipedia again.

• Like 1