IGNORED

How rare is the VIDEOPLEXER?

jahfish

i was wondering how rare it is .... haven't found a single post about it here on AA ....

is there anything about it in the DP guide?

edit: i posted that in the wrong section ... MODs, please move this to the 2600 section ... thanks!

Edited by jahfish

I have had 2 of those, still have one. For those of you who don't know what the hell he is talking about, it's a game switcher like the Game Brain or Romscanner. A better description would be "CEI Compro Videoplexer" and what is rare about it, is the box. I am still missing the box.

sheeeeeesh! I HAVE ONE OF THOSE!

Holy moley I didn't know they were rare! I had a small sheet taped to the side of the TV on which cart was which. Hell I even remember the list:

1:combat (friends only)

2:space invaders

3:pitfall!

4:Chopper Command

5:missile command (would always get these confused, maybe shoudl ahve put them further apart)

6. Super breakout (twisties)

7. tennis

8. Pac-man

There was something on pac-man on how many times to flick the game select (to make it somewhat of a challenge)

If I wanted to play a different game, like centipede, or asteroids, I had to ask dad. he never wanted to keep the carts in the area where the monitor was (Kitchen :D )

Now that I think about it, calling the paddle controllers "twisties" is kinda lame, but I was a little kid at the time. Thing is, I still call them that.

Note to self: Keep track of your damn collection! :x

note: I also remember some games refusing to work with this thing at all. iird Raiders of the Lost ark and Pitfall II were among those. All the original Atari run carts would work, however.

Edited by Csonicgo

• 4 months later...
  • 15 years later...

The big question to me would be why stop at 8 carts? Why not 10 and make them linkable? Then you could create an ABCD switch so you could have 40 games loaded.

🤔 

Now I need one... and a hacksaw ...to see what makes this thing tick