IGNORED

How much is my collection worth?

Collector#007

What's up with the dupes of common games? It took you 3 years to amass those? lol

Your collecting abilities took a serious wrong turn somewhere. Basic idea of collecting

is to collect games that are *different* from each other. Goofy concept, I know :-)

What if he's like me, and buys whole lots of Atari games, and is left over with a bunch of common dupes? What's wrong with that? :ponder:

Hmm... quite the quandary I'd say. (c'mon, are you kidding?) lol

Just separate the dupes from the dupes. Creating little lots of non redundant carts, that would

be easier to sell, not to mention, 'smarter'. :-)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet that he should sell those carts to Al for the

homebrew projects. That would be a <insert tony the tiger yell here> G-R-E-A-T use

of most of those games!

Edited by save2600

What's up with the dupes of common games? It took you 3 years to amass those? lol

Your collecting abilities took a serious wrong turn somewhere. Basic idea of collecting

is to collect games that are *different* from each other. Goofy concept, I know :-)

What if he's like me, and buys whole lots of Atari games, and is left over with a bunch of common dupes? What's wrong with that? :ponder:

Hmm... quite the quandary I'd say. (c'mon, are you kidding?) lol

Just separate the dupes from the dupes. Creating little lots of non redundant carts, that would

be easier to sell, not to mention, 'smarter'. :-)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet that he should sell those carts to Al for the

homebrew projects. That would be a <insert tony the tiger yell here> G-R-E-A-T use

of most of those games!

Why would he sell them to Al for 50 cents each (or whatever the going rate is) when he thinks he can get on average about $3 each for them -- and that's if they _don't_ sell for over his $1000. Remember he said he thought they were worth _at_least_ $1000! I'm still laughing about this whole thing.

Totally agree, he should have split them up into smaller "Christmas" lots with no dupes. That would be the best way to maximize his take on this. Then again, there could be an idiot out there who will spend $1000 on this. Stranger things have happened. I sold a $10 book on ebay once for over $250 due to a bidding war. I wrote to the guy and told him to just go buy it at the store for $10, I couldn't take his money. Stupidity knows no bounds.

At the one video game show I had a table at I took paper lunch bags and put in ET, Space Invaders, DK, and Combat and gave them out to kids under 4ish. They loved having carts to bang around (so cute!) and play with and the parents/dads mostly reminisced about their first video game systems and how they would love to play those games again. Plus the kids felt special that they were getting something to carry around like the 'grown-ups' which cut down tantrums believe it or not. It was a lot of fun! :)

• 7 months later...

Wow what an old topic. I completely frogot about all this. To answer some questions, my name is Daniel. I was not sure about how much those games were worth so I think the $1,000 was what I wanted. And lastly, I mostly bought my games in large lots. What I would do is buy 100 games from somebody for $20 or $30 and keep the ones I didn't already have.

And I only bought these deals about once a month or so. Usually at flea markets. And what I would do with all the extra games is put em on ebay. I once sold 30 games (mostly dupes) for $100. so I really turned things around quite often.

One other thing I'd like to know is, does anybody know where that freakin Gauntlet came from? I bought it off ebay a few years ago for $5 because I saw on the rarity list that it was a 10 (the rarest), then I found out that I was mistaken and yet the copy I had wasn't even listed! I shoud have asked a thousand for that cart only.

I remember that auction. Its not an Answer Software copy of Gauntlet so it isn't worth a thousand dollars. Most likely a pirate copy of a game and worth what you paid for it ;)

One other thing I'd like to know is, does anybody know where that freakin Gauntlet came from? I bought it off ebay a few years ago for $5 because I saw on the rarity list that it was a 10 (the rarest), then I found out that I was mistaken and yet the copy I had wasn't even listed! I shoud have asked a thousand for that cart only.