IGNORED

Colecovision driving module repair

colecoboy84

Does anyone have experience repairing the Colecovison Expansion Module #2 (driving module)? Mine is functional, as long as I don't plug the accelerator's connector cord all the way into the jack in front of the expansion module - if I plug it all the way in the accelerator doesn't work ... and since I can't plug it all the way in, it keeps getting unplugged during play and messing things up.

I know I could buy a replacement easily and pretty inexpensively, but I have a hunch that this is a really simple fix. Anyone have any hints?

First attempt to open the accelerator-pedal.

Is there anything that touches not to be, or is there a wire dropped by ?.

Check then the plug in your steering wheel module.

Is something touching, or is there a wire which had fallen behind.

It might also be your jack.

If nothing else works, try to change/replace the plug.

Are you sure the batteries are fresh ?.

If it works normally with the pedal partly plugged in and doesn't work with the pedal completely plugged in, it seems like a safe bet that there's something wrong with the jack, its solder joints on a PC board (if it's mounted on a PC board) or the plug.

The pedal is just a switch, as I understand it, so it seems very unlikely that the problem is caused by something other than some mechanical condition of the plug/socket.

I suspect that if you took apart the expansion module, you might well be able to spot the problem unless it's a defect inside the housing of the jack.

Edited by BigO