IGNORED

Bounty Bob Strikes Back and Miner 2049er

17daysolderthannes

You guys aren't going to believe this: I found Miner 2049er for Atari 400/800/1200xl and Bounty Bob Strikes Back for 5200 at the Play N Trade I work for. I could've just paid the $1.99 price for each and ran, but considering the financial shit he's in (opening a Play N Trade almost purely on loan is a hard thing to do) I'm going to sell it on behalf of the store for 50% of the auction price. I'm going to take pictures later today, but I just want to know what the value of these games are and if anyone is interested. This is going to eventually end up on eBay, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up since there is probably more than a few on here that want to own the rarest 5200 game ever made and probably a fairly rare version of Miner 2049er. And if you're wondering about condition, they are in pretty damn good shape for being ~25 years old with full labels with only minor discoloration and about a 1 cm diameter blemish on bounty bob on the top left of the label. Hope you guys can help me save a Play N Trade (the best franchise game store around) and put a nice chunk of video game buying funds in my pocket ;) . Oh, and once it is on eBay, I will do almost anything reasonable to validate it is a real auction: pictures, youtube video, you name it. Shipping will also be totally negotiable depending on how safe you want it to be shipped.

Miner for the 8 bits won't bring much. If it is loose maybe $8-$15 would be realistic.

Two Bounty Bob's sold early in the year (around January) at auction. The one sold for $272.78. I believe that the other one sold for around that same amount. There was another one that sold maybe 2-3 months ago. I don't remember what that sold for but an AtariAge member bought it.

They are both 8bit atari computer carts.

...ok...but how much are they worth?

Right at $100 for both. Miner 2049er around $15 and BBSB at $80-85. :cool:

ok, not as much as I was hoping ($250+ for BBSB for 5200 :-o ), but at $100 it sure beats $4, lol. My $50 take should buy me a few odds and ends to keep my rampant Genesis collection growing and jumpstart my XBOX collection (just got one for $15, softmodding here I come :) )

Edited by 17daysolderthannes

Poor Play N Trade.... They are being raped by the owners "ha" and give sucky trades. Local store said some bad things about my store. You are going to far to help your store but its a nice Christmas thing to do. To bad it was not the 5200 cart of BB. Easy mistake :dunce:

I don't quite get what you mean there. "They are being raped by the owners 'ha' "...who is they and what owners? All Play N Trades are franchises and its only like a 3% franchise fee to corporate. Your local store has nothing to do with the store I work for, they are all fully independent (unless maybe 2 or 3 in an area are owned by the same person). I'm not really helping the store so much as the owner which is swamped in debt and was embezzled out of $19,000 by his former partner from the start. Even when I no longer work there, I still want it to be around because its a good place to buy from and they give alot more back to the community than any other game store I've ever been to. In fact, his low prices and specials are a big part of the reason he is having such a tough time right now. I mean, he gives about 40% and sometimes higher on trades, thats like double or sometimes even triple of what GameStop gives.

Oh, and as for mistaking the cartridge, I am not nor ever have been an Atari collector in any sense of the word. Not so much that I'm a hater or think I'm too good for it, but IMO anything prior to the NES just doesn't really appeal to me on a huge level in terms of gameplay, that coupled with the fact that most Atari systems I've come across were in crap condition and are far overpriced. I one day plan to own at least a 2600 with 10-20 commons and hopefully a 7800 with Ninja Golf, but overall my expertise and collecting concentrated on systems made between 1985 and 1995, the best 10 years of video games IMO.

The franchises are way over priced and not in line with other stores like gamestops on prices enough to make owning them worth it. For what the owners of the stores have to pay to get into them they could have done way better on their own. Just my 2 cents. I dont like Gamestop at all so any competition is good but for the most part Play n trade wont have much luck.

The franchises are way over priced and not in line with other stores like gamestops on prices enough to make owning them worth it. For what the owners of the stores have to pay to get into them they could have done way better on their own. Just my 2 cents. I dont like Gamestop at all so any competition is good but for the most part Play n trade wont have much luck.

Not in line with gamestop's prices? Most games we sell either match or beat the prices GameStop charges. I agree to an extent that you could do better on your own, but Play N Trade does have alot to offer that would be a bitch to get a hold of independently (distributors, repair documents, operations manuals, etc.)

I'd never heard of Play n Trade before. Closest one is around an hour or so away, but they have one located in my old home town. I'll have to check them out next time I visit. This reminded me of Rhino Games, which I just decided to check for and realized they had got bought out by Gamestop... Bummer. Kind of hard to compete with the gamestop.