IGNORED

Interest check in new ColecoVision cart casings

Pixelboy

Alright, it's now pretty much official: I will be returning the metal mold to Eduardo next October.

Eduardo is currently considering ordering some Opcode-logoed casings from me while the mold is still at Moldex. I'm also considering having one last supply manufactured for myself (perhaps some "milky" casings would be nice... Hmm...).

If you want to order some ColecoVision casings for yourself, you have until August 20th 2009 to submit your order to me. I will submit my total order to Moldex on that date, so beyond this date it will be too late to place an order.

Thanks.

I'll be part of in if you're ordering "milky" casings :)

I'll like to order some smoke black too

Edited by retroillucid

Alright. It should be noted that there are fixed setup fees that Moldex charges no matter how many casings are ordered, so if anyone else orders "milkies" or "smoke-blacks", the fees will be distributed evenly and fairly between my customers (including myself). :)

Alright. It should be noted that there are fixed setup fees that Moldex charges no matter how many casings are ordered, so if anyone else orders "milkies" or "smoke-blacks", the fees will be distributed evenly and fairly between my customers (including myself). :)

I'll be on vacation and without the net for the first two weeks of august, getting back sometime around the 13th or so. Keep us posted of what orders are currently placed if possible. First thing I do when I get back will be to check the forums and see what I can add to the order myself. :)

I'll be on vacation and without the net for the first two weeks of august, getting back sometime around the 13th or so. Keep us posted of what orders are currently placed if possible. First thing I do when I get back will be to check the forums and see what I can add to the order myself. :)

Noted. I'll keep an "open" entry for you in my records. :)

Oh and by the way, I still have loads of regular black casings in stock, so if anyone here wants black casings, you can get them now if you so desire.

Anyone know some place that sells SMS cart casings?

I'm kinda' starting having problems finding donors :roll:

You could try waiting for several carts in one auction on eBay to reduce the postage cost. I've just looked at the eBay .co.uk site and there are plenty of £0.99 carts for sale. The completed listings shows that plenty of carts didn't sell at that price too.

I would be interested in most of all Transparent Colored shells, but only if we're a couple of users who wants them...

Same thing goes to Smoke Black shells

Think of it, maybe it's our last chance to get some cool colored cases and I'll be glad to buy some with other users here

But I just don't want pay alone the basic setup fees

Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update:

I just got off the phone with my contact at Moldex, and I informed her that I will be placing the final order on August 20th, as planned. Whatever casings I order should normally be done and ready three or four weeks later.

One new element that came up is the addition of two available colors: Pink and silver. However, those two color pigments are in very short supply, so I will only be able to have around 50 casings done of those colors at most. This is especially true for pink, but I may be able to get more than 50 silvers done. It's also possible that those pigments will be all gone by the time I place my actual order. I will need to double-check with my contact on August 20th.

Please keep in mind that setup fees (of 120$CAN per color) are the same no matter how many casings are produced, so a small run of 50 can be considered relatively expensive.

All the other colors previously presented are still available, as far as I know. You have until August 20th to send me a PM if you want to place an order, and as I mentioned before, this is your last chance, because the mold will be going back into Eduardo's hands next October.

Quick update:

I just got off the phone with my contact at Moldex, and I informed her that I will be placing the final order on August 20th, as planned. Whatever casings I order should normally be done and ready three or four weeks later.

One new element that came up is the addition of two available colors: Pink and silver. However, those two color pigments are in very short supply, so I will only be able to have around 50 casings done of those colors at most. This is especially true for pink, but I may be able to get more than 50 silvers done. It's also possible that those pigments will be all gone by the time I place my actual order. I will need to double-check with my contact on August 20th.

Please keep in mind that setup fees (of 120$CAN per color) are the same no matter how many casings are produced, so a small run of 50 can be considered relatively expensive.

All the other colors previously presented are still available, as far as I know. You have until August 20th to send me a PM if you want to place an order, and as I mentioned before, this is your last chance, because the mold will be going back into Eduardo's hands next October.

Silver! ? :lust: ... man I would like those! :)

They must be expansive though...

How much will it cost? ..

Luc, If you ever made the "Smoke Black" .. I would take some... but only if I'm not the only one who want them..

Same goes for "Milky" cases...

Same price as other colors, 2.40$CAN per casing, plus the 120$CAN standard setup fee. So for 50 casings, that means:

(2.40$CAN x 50) = 120$CAN + 120$CAN for setup = 240$CAN, which equates to 4.80$CAN per casing.

Pretty expensive indeed... When producing 100 colored casings, the total price drops to 3.60$CAN per casing.

Luc, If you ever made the "Smoke Black" .. I would take some... but only if I'm not the only one who want them..

I'm pretty sure to get some milkies for myself, so that one is a given. I have no personal need for smoke blacks. Hopefully someone else will come forward... :)

Same price as other colors, 2.40$CAN per casing, plus the 120$CAN standard setup fee. So for 50 casings, that means:

(2.40$CAN x 50) = 120$CAN + 120$CAN for setup = 240$CAN, which equates to 4.80$CAN per casing.

Pretty expensive indeed... When producing 100 colored casings, the total price drops to 3.60$CAN per casing.

I'm pretty sure to get some milkies for myself, so that one is a given. I have no personal need for smoke blacks. Hopefully someone else will come forward... :)

My choice is clear now :)

I'll take for sure 100 Silver Shells

I'm not sure I'll be able to get 100 silvers done, but I'll put you down for 100 on my pre-order list, and I'll get back to you if Moldex doesn't have enough silver pigments to reach that mark.

EDIT: I already have a pre-order for 50 pinks, so please don't bother to ask for that color, since I can only get around 50.

Edited by Pixelboy

I'm not sure I'll be able to get 100 silvers done, but I'll put you down for 100 on my pre-order list, and I'll get back to you if Moldex doesn't have enough silver pigments to reach that mark.

If they don't have enough Silver pigments for 100 casings

Then I'll what you can get ;)

At least 50 ?

If they don't have enough Silver pigments for 100 casings

Then I'll what you can get ;)

At least 50 ?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can get 50 silvers. :) Does this replace your order for 100 milkies or do you still want those too?

As I don't program (I just collect and play the games) and I don't have much to offer the ColecoVision Homebrew Community, I've decided I would add some cash to the pot to help pay some of the costs associated with getting new cart casings made. I'm not rich but I want to help and this is one way I can. I am offering to send a Paypal payment to Pixelboy for some of the costs. I will send $60 US$ to help cut the costs of the carts so that we can see some cool carts get made in the future for the ColecoVision.

After all... with more new casings, that will mean more ColecoVision games right?! :) All those colours sound awesome (ok.. maybe I'm not crazy about the pink lol) and the idea of new games getting made is good news all around!

Pixelboy, PM me and we'll make arrangements.

As I don't program (I just collect and play the games) and I don't have much to offer the ColecoVision Homebrew Community, I've decided I would add some cash to the pot to help pay some of the costs associated with getting new cart casings made. I'm not rich but I want to help and this is one way I can. I am offering to send a Paypal payment to Pixelboy for some of the costs. I will send $60 US$ to help cut the costs of the carts so that we can see some cool carts get made in the future for the ColecoVision.

After all... with more new casings, that will mean more ColecoVision games right?! :) All those colours sound awesome (ok.. maybe I'm not crazy about the pink lol) and the idea of new games getting made is good news all around!

Great News! ... Thanks Joey for your help! :cool:

Alright, so far I have orders from retroillucid, opcode, the.golden.ax, Mord (maybe) and I'm seriously thinking about having some additional carts done for myself too. I'd like to wait until next week before discussing your financial involvement in this last run of casing production, if you don't mind. :)

Calling all Atari 2600 homebrewers! This week, I received requests for Atari 2600 casings from two different persons. From what I know, creating a new metal mold for Atari 2600 carts (similar to Eduardo's mold) would cost around 5000$CAN, but several other (possibly less expensive) options may exist. Tomorrow, I'm going to call Moldex to ask a few questions, and I could also ask for info about these molding options. How many people here would be interested in knowing more about that? :)

Calling all Atari 2600 homebrewers! This week, I received requests for Atari 2600 casings from two different persons. From what I know, creating a new metal mold for Atari 2600 carts (similar to Eduardo's mold) would cost around 5000$CAN, but several other (possibly less expensive) options may exist. Tomorrow, I'm going to call Moldex to ask a few questions, and I could also ask for info about these molding options. How many people here would be interested in knowing more about that? :)

Perhaps this would be best in another NEW thread. A mold does exist, but the dude does not answer any emails I've sent. I'd be down for at least 100 clear cases, and 100 yellow cases for Atari. I have two major Atari projects planned one for 2600, the other for 7800. I think you could easily sell 1500+ colored carts for 2600/7800. For my couple hundred I'd be happy if they were in the $5 or less range. I'd love to hear if Albert has any interest in colored cases again, or if anyone can track down that original mold.

AX

Alright, so far I have orders from retroillucid, opcode, the.golden.ax, Mord (maybe) and I'm seriously thinking about having some additional carts done for myself too. I'd like to wait until next week before discussing your financial involvement in this last run of casing production, if you don't mind. :)

Sounds like a good plan... don't mind at all. 5 potential buyers huh? That's music to my ears (or the visual equivalent I suppose).

Is it possible to get a list of what colors and how much of each has been placed on the order so far? Odds are I'll just be adding to existing color runs instead of braving a new color, so it'd help me pick. :)

I figure no one will mind if I mention names here, so:

200 regular blacks from my existing stash (retroillucid)

200 smoke blacks (Pixelboy + retroillucid)

50+ silvers (retroillucid)

150 milkys (Pixelboy + retroillucid)

50+ pinks (the.golden.ax)

500 regular blacks with Opcode logo (opcode)

In the case of the silvers and pinks, I will ask Moldex to produce as many casings as they can until they run out of pigments, I will buy them all, and then I will ask retroillucid and the.golden.ax how many they actually want. So the rest of you can consider those two colors as already sold out.

Hope I didn't forget anyone, or make any mistakes... :)

Is it possible to get a list of what colors and how much of each has been placed on the order so far? Odds are I'll just be adding to existing color runs instead of braving a new color, so it'd help me pick. :)

I figure no one will mind if I mention names here, so:

200 regular blacks from my existing stash (retroillucid)

200 smoke blacks (Pixelboy + retroillucid)

50+ silvers (retroillucid)

150 milkys (Pixelboy + retroillucid)

50+ pinks (the.golden.ax)

500 regular blacks with Opcode logo (opcode)

In the case of the silvers and pinks, I will ask Moldex to produce as many casings as they can until they run out of pigments, I will buy them all, and then I will ask retroillucid and the.golden.ax how many they actually want. So the rest of you can consider those two colors as already sold out.

Hope I didn't forget anyone, or make any mistakes... :)

As far as I can tell at present, I'll be down for 75 smoke blacks and 75 milkies. Basing this on what I believe I have available. I'll know for sure by tomorrow - just gotta double check the account when I go to work. If I don't pipe up prior to the deadline on the 20th with a change this will be what I'm down for.

If Moldex surprises you and pulls off more silvers than retroillucid wants, let me know. By then I'll likely have more money for extras and we'll try to work something out. ;)