IGNORED

ebay scammers

Atarian7

I now have two people claiming they didn't receive their item yet. I have never had anything lost by the USPS and I think they are trying to scam me.

This may be the end of ebay for me. Either that or I will require delivery confirmation on everything I sell. :x :x :x

You should put delivery confirmation on everything in order to protect yourself. How did you send the items and how long ago did you ship.

I hope they are not expensive items. Did they pay with PayPal? Did you ship to confirmed addresses? When did you ship the items? What does their feedback look like?

I always use Delivery Confirmation for USPS domestic shipping. For Priority Mail it's free and it's not significantly more for First Class packages. Definitely worth it, and I almost never have issues with shipping in the US.

..Al

Even without demanding payment for it, I required DC. More to protect myself than the buyer. It might chip a couple of $$ from your price, but it's worth it.

You know, with every passing day, I am less and less inclined to use EPay.

Which isn't good, because I am now looking to unload a bunch of stuff.... and that can/should get the most exposure.

:x

This may be the end of ebay for me. Either that or I will require delivery confirmation on everything I sell.

At the very most, delivery confirmation is a whopping $0.75 per package. Less for USPS Priority Mail shipment or when applied through electronic postage. Tracking is free for UPS shipments, FedEx, etc.

Not to side with potential "scammers", but I'm boggled as to why you wouldn't pony up for delivery confirmation in the first place. It's practically a necessity given relevant eBay/PayPal policies for sellers.

The sad truth is that the USPS and other mail carriers *do* misdirect, misplace, and outright lose mail on occasion. Sometimes they find it later, sometimes not. Delivery confirmation does nothing to mitigate this reality, but it at least places responsibility with the postal carriers and not the shipper.

Actual risk and the potential for abuse by buyers makes DC, tracking, whatever a no-brainer. Applying it as an optional service with a surcharge -- rather than as a mandatory shipping practice -- is tacky beyond belief, though. :)

I was WRONG. No one was trying to scam me; the post office was just very slow this time around. One of the people looked at the postmark and still gave me a perfect 5 star rating , but one person gave me 4 stars for both shipping time and cost. That irks me about the star rating on cost. They must want free shipping. lol Still perfect on item description and communication though.

There are people out there who would only give you 4 stars if you shipped free, personally delivered the item an hour after the auction, and included a free bagel (cream cheese $0.75 extra, sorry)

I was WRONG. No one was trying to scam me; the post office was just very slow this time around. One of the people looked at the postmark and still gave me a perfect 5 star rating , but one person gave me 4 stars for both shipping time and cost. That irks me about the star rating on cost. They must want free shipping. lol Still perfect on item description and communication though.

I hope they are not expensive items. Did they pay with PayPal? Did you ship to confirmed addresses? When did you ship the items? What does their feedback look like?

I always use Delivery Confirmation for USPS domestic shipping. For Priority Mail it's free and it's not significantly more for First Class packages. Definitely worth it, and I almost never have issues with shipping in the US.

..Al

How are you getting free DC on Priority? That'd be awesome.

..Al

I personally use Endicia to print postage, which gives me free Delivery Confirmation with Priority Mail. I believe you can get free Delivery Confirmation through other similar software (like Stamps.com) as well as printing your labels online through "Click-N-Ship" at USPS.com.

..Al

..Al

I personally use Endicia to print postage, which gives me free Delivery Confirmation with Priority Mail. I believe you can get free Delivery Confirmation through other similar software (like Stamps.com) as well as printing your labels online through "Click-N-Ship" at USPS.com.

..Al

I like the Endicia 'help me choose'... there's only one Mac package, but it still asks you a bunch of questions. :D

Like the concept, but I am not mailing enough stuff to justify a monthly fee.

I'll have to check out click-n-ship, thanks for the heads up.

USPS ever give you trouble on your weights vs theirs?

I like the Endicia 'help me choose'... there's only one Mac package, but it still asks you a bunch of questions. :D

I use the Mac version. Long ago I used Stamps.com in Windows, but at some point I switched to Macs and Stamps.com doesn't have a Mac version of their software. Which I'm glad about, since the Endicia software is nicer than Stamp.com's offering. :)

Like the concept, but I am not mailing enough stuff to justify a monthly fee.

Yeah, if you only send a few packages a month it's not worth it.

I'll have to check out click-n-ship, thanks for the heads up.

You're welcome.

USPS ever give you trouble on your weights vs theirs?

No, I have a 10 pound digital scale that seems to be reasonably accurate. I have found that when I have had a package weighed on a USPS scale that I've printed postage for, that their scale always seems to put the package a bit heavier than when I weighed it. I have never had a package returned due to insufficient postage, though.

..Al

I've had problems shipping out stuff lately. This time of year is crazy for delays.

Some bidders went with fast shipping only to get standard delivery.

We have a middle management strike holding things up slightly with Canada post, but taking double time really looks bad on the seller.

Thankfully, the buyers looked at the post marks in my case, too.

If you are paid via PayPal, you can ship items via USPS via PayPal and get their "online" price that way. You also get free DC with priority. Even if they didn't pay via PayPal, you can use the following link to send an item to anyone, you just have to pay via PayPal. Best part--NO FEES.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now