IGNORED

Dreamcast and more on the Chuck Wagon

ChrisKoopa

Pretty nice label on the Yars Revenge.......is the end label also customized...??

• 2 weeks later...
I think the "burnt" comment was referring to the copied Dreamcast games.

but i thought he said he didn't care about that stuff in his interview

i could be wrong i dont know

http://www.thestream.tv/watch.php?v=1066

and the auction was for the dreamcast and the cd's were kinda like an add in

but anyway im sorry Lincoln i thought you were talking about the yars game

No, he said he doesn't care about things like homebrew and reproductions and calls them fair game.

Those are completely different things then wholesale piracy.

To that end, burned CD's of downloaded Dreamcast games are NOT homebrew or reproductions. They are simply illegal piracy of last (6th) generation games that can still be readily bought new & used online and even some physical stores.

Not to mention, ignoring the legal implications, DC iso's are very easy to find all over the net for free. Since anyone who wants them can already get them themselves for free, to "sell" them at all is simply not nice and frowned apon, even amung pirates.

DC iso's are very easy to find all over the net for free. Since anyone who wants them can already get them themselves for free, to "sell" them at all is simply not nice and frowned apon, even amung pirates.

im not trying to argue or anything or even make this sound mean but homebrews and every other game can easily be found for free anywhere on the internet

besides most people that download games go out and buy the game because playing it on your pc is nothing like playing it on the actually console

DC iso's are very easy to find all over the net for free. Since anyone who wants them can already get them themselves for free, to "sell" them at all is simply not nice and frowned apon, even amung pirates.

im not trying to argue or anything or even make this sound mean but homebrews and every other game can easily be found for free anywhere on the internet

Yeah, and? You don't find people many 3rd party people trying to sell those for personal profit either. When someone tries, everyone reports them.

besides most people that download games go out and buy the game because playing it on your pc is nothing like playing it on the actually console

I dunno if I would say most. Besides, not relevant to the case of the DC (or any CD/DVD based console) since you are playing them on the actual console, and thus have no incentive to buy a legimiate copy.

Yeah, and? You don't find people many 3rd party people trying to sell those for personal profit either. When someone tries, everyone reports them.

I dunno if I would say most. Besides, not relevant to the case of the DC (or any CD/DVD based console) since you are playing them on the actual console, and thus have no incentive to buy a legimiate copy.

did you see what the dreamcast sold for? it went less then what its worth $15

i put the cd's in there cause i was just gonna throw them out anyway and if i was trying to make money off of them i would have priced what i paid for the the cd's (roughly $45) so if your saying im a pirate and im trying 2sell things you could get for free sorry buddy but your wrong

ps

you could go and put in a your last word because im done with this nonsense

No, he said he doesn't care about things like homebrew and reproductions and calls them fair game.

Those are completely different things then wholesale piracy.

To that end, burned CD's of downloaded Dreamcast games are NOT homebrew or reproductions. They are simply illegal piracy of last (6th) generation games that can still be readily bought new & used online and even some physical stores.

Not to mention, ignoring the legal implications, DC iso's are very easy to find all over the net for free. Since anyone who wants them can already get them themselves for free, to "sell" them at all is simply not nice and frowned apon, even amung pirates.

Hey Y'all. I will chime in on this, but I agree with the above. Nothing drives me more crazy than to find a Dreamcast lot with copied games. If you have them, fine, just throw them in with the auction after it's sold or throw them out. I may be in the minority on this, but I would really rather pay for the original games on the DC. No more DC "copies" on the Chuckwagon, please :)