IGNORED

Forsake Ebay - Auction Independence Day - Monthly on the 24th

Parrothead

I would like to announce that on the 24th of every month, starting this December, is Auction Independence Day on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com and Vendazzle.com. Since launching we are now over 1,500 members strong and that gives us some "strength in numbers".

As one of our members OldGames puts this: "Independence Day for Buyers and Sellers! - Celebrate the new choices and opportunities that CTCW provides, and the fact that we're no longer subject to the short sighted policies of a venue whose direction no longer matches our own!! "

I couldn't have said it better myself. So please join together as the community we are and maybe the Video Gaming Community along with ChaseTheChuckwagon can make a stand against the corporate auction sites that abound and show that we have a viable choice for our auction business.

And, considering that a very small % of our 1,500+ members are running auctions, please use this as a time to try running some auctions. You can still use the other auction sites, but on this day, join us in listing at least 5 items on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com or Vendazzle.com. If we all join together we can get 10,000+ auctions running each month and that is something that will send a strong message to everyone that we gamers have had enough. And it will also insure that the site stays fresh in peoples minds as more auctions means more traffic and bidding activity for all our sellers. And it give me something to promote around the net each month.

It is my hope that on this day, a modest amount of new and interesting auctions will appear, maybe even some promotional deals from some of our great sellers, and that will draw in more users. Basically, I want the 24th of each month to be a day you as a buyer can visit our site and be guaranteed to see a significant amount of new items up for sale.

And, to minimize your risk as a seller to avoid fees consider this. Our listings are free. Then if you elect not to use any Listing Enhancements (home page featured items, bold titles, etc.) and forgo a reserve price (small fee there) auction for a conservative but fair starting bid, then you will only have fees if your items sell (3% up to $100). If they don't then no fees.

I know December 24th is the day before X-mas, but if you can't get your listings up on that day, just attempt to run some listings before the end of the year. With our exisitng member base of nearly 1,600 + any of you that register as a result of A.I.D. we can cement the Chuckwagon and Vendazzle as less expensive auction alternatives.

Are you with us on this?

This will be a single thread for A.I.D., and all sellers can promote their A.I.D. auctions and/or promotions here.

Edited by Parrothead

I don't think many people are going to be using auction sites on Christmas Eve to begin with. Kinda not the best date to pick for this. Sorry I had something negative to say... I don't mean to be heaping discouragment on top of the A.I.D. jokes.

Trust me when I say the 10 - 30 day listings were the #1 reason for me to keep off chuck when I came back to auctions. I'm not going to list around the holidays, it's family time. I'll be back on chuck soon, but it won't be before January.

Now let's work on an independant payment system... that would be the eBay killer.

AX

I don't think many people are going to be using auction sites on Christmas Eve to begin with. Kinda not the best date to pick for this. Sorry I had something negative to say... I don't mean to be heaping discouragment on top of the A.I.D. jokes.

Trust me when I say the 10 - 30 day listings were the #1 reason for me to keep off chuck when I came back to auctions. I'm not going to list around the holidays, it's family time. I'll be back on chuck soon, but it won't be before January.

Now let's work on an independant payment system... that would be the eBay killer.

AX

I knew starting this in December would be tough, but maybe not for all 1,500+ people. I am hoping we will ramp this up each month to include more particatpator's and really start to grow this thing exponentially. And it literally takes 10 minutes to list 5 items so I am still hoping a few more folks attempt to list some things.

And I knew the AIDs jokes would follow, but hey it is what it is :).

Merry Christmas to everyone buy the way. And I have a couple weeks off, so I am going to be listing like crazy on both sites :)

When I listed a few things, I noticed that there are a lot of "form blocks" on the listing pages. Dunno if ebay has this or not. What it means is that you can fill in the stuff that'll be on every single auction, like shipping policies, payment info, etc, and not have to re type it all the time.

Years ago when I did sell on ebay, they didn't have all that.

When I listed a few things, I noticed that there are a lot of "form blocks" on the listing pages. Dunno if ebay has this or not. What it means is that you can fill in the stuff that'll be on every single auction, like shipping policies, payment info, etc, and not have to re type it all the time.

Years ago when I did sell on ebay, they didn't have all that.

Ya, the Chuckwagon has this at least for boiler plate shipping and payment instructions. You can type it in a special default area and it will auto fill those in with each auction :)

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow Dec. 24th is our first official Auction Independence Day on the Chuckwagon. Look for lots of new items to be added to the mix.

Some of our sellers are running specials. Here is a link to one of them that should help some of you collectors out. He has tons of great items at cheap prices listed:

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/upload...p=5582#post5582

Also, if you are reading this, please consider placing some items up for auction as well.

This will be an ongoing event the 24th of each month.

Well my wife and I are running a special tomorrow on A.I.D.

24% off any of our fixed price listings purchased on DEC 24st

Here is our items sorted by category

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/sites/pats1717/

Shipping is 2.50 for the first game and 50 cents each additional Max shipping is 9.50

I guess I'm gonna be buying some stuff tomorrow! :D

I've got some interesting items coming up tomorrow as well -- Jakenut -- check out the Game.Com Pocket Pro :)

For those of you who have yet to join or are joined mainly to buy on the site, this day is for you. On this day you will be guaranteed lots of new items listed and maybe some specials run by our sellers. To quickly view the newly listed items simply click on our homepage link - InstaSearch Newly Listed - throughout the day to see all the new gaming goodness that has just been listed.

I've got some interesting items coming up tomorrow as well -- Jakenut -- check out the Game.Com Pocket Pro :)

For those of you who have yet to join or are joined mainly to buy on the site, this day is for you. On this day you will be guaranteed lots of new items listed and maybe some specials run by our sellers. To quickly view the newly listed items simply click on our homepage link - InstaSearch Newly Listed - throughout the day to see all the new gaming goodness that has just been listed.

Game.Com Pocket Pro :-o :D

Oldgames' Auction Independence Day listings

Hi Everybody! I've carved out a chunk of time this evening to get some good auctions ready for tomorrow.

In addition to my regular listings, I'll be adding 24 additional items tomorrow. I making a list and checking it twice to pick out some good items to bring a little Christmas joy your way. Be sure to check for bargains as there will be some items with .24 or 2.40 buy prices to mark the special day. It'll be a good day to find some bargains and celebrate the continuing growth and fun on the Chuckwagon.

I'm going to try to have these 24 additional auctions ready to launch on the morning of the 24th (tomorrow morning)

Dave -- oldgames

:)

to bad some of us are waiting for x-mas money! :( :D :( :D

Many items will be listed for the first time tomorrow but won't end for a few days. Should be some good stuff to spend some X-mas money on throughout the balance of the week :)

i mean for the 24% off sale.

Oh, ya, that's a pretty good deal Pats1717 is running. I will be starting all my auctions for $1 with no reserve. Lots of good stuff ranging from NES to Atari. Should be a good day of listings :)

Edited by Parrothead

So Cal Mike's A.I.D. Listings (And more throughout the day)

Atari 2600 Bachelor Party Adult Game - Mystique

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/item.cgi...item=0000053526

Starting At $1.00 Ends: January 4, 2009 7:12:00 PM EDT

Nintendo NES Boxed Power Pad

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/item.cgi...item=0000053522

Starting At $1.00 Ends: January 4, 2009 7:04:00 PM EDT

Nintendo NES Boxed Power Glove by Mattel

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/item.cgi...item=0000053521

Now At $1.00 Ends: January 4, 2009 7:02:00 PM EDT

Atari KLAX Arcade Caberet Mini Game

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/item.cgi...item=0000053524

Starting At $50.00 Ends: January 4, 2009 7:08:00 PM EDT

Atari KEE Games - TANK Arcade Game

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/item.cgi...item=0000053525

Starting At $50.00 Ends: January 4, 2009 7:10:00 PM EDT

• 4 weeks later...

It's that time of month again. The day to forsake Ebay altogether and list and bid on items on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. Visit ChaseTheChuckwagon.com on this day each month to see some great new listings and also some special deals by many of our committed sellers.

And please use this day to test out our site by listing some of your items. We are nearing our one year anniversary and most thought it wouldn't work. There is no better time to join and support our Ebay alternative.

Last month we had a very successful Auction Independence Day

So For

January 24th, 2009 Auction Independence Day

Seller Pats1717

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/sites/pats1717/

http://www.vendazzle.com/sites/pats1717/

24% off all items (Regular Price Only No Discount on Offers)

$2.04 shipping for the 1st item TO THE USA

24 cents each additional item TO THE USA

Shiping to Canada $2.04 for the 1st item

75 cents each additional

Thank you! Buy early and often ;)

Please don't pay until we manually adjust the invoice.