IGNORED

Controller Repair

snakes3425

There is no sure way to keep an analog 5200 controller working without having to do some sort of repair down the line. The only effective thing is to have a couple rev 9 flex circuits and some new buttons handy when the time comes to fix them. They are the thorn in the side of the system. A Wico is probably the best answer unless you can find a solution from someone who can make one and pretty much gut the controller and replace the problem areas with parts that are pretty much a life long solution to the problem. Such as the buttons and eliminating the flex circuit. I make them. I have a good solution but they are't cheap. :|

• 2 weeks later...
I created my own upgrade kit for free and mine work with the slightest tap of the buttons. Never a problem. I've worked on these for years. :)

Care to share? Interested even though I have already upgraded a couple of mine with all Best gold... & have a Wico set.

Edited by anicetyguy

I created my own upgrade kit for free and mine work with the slightest tap of the buttons. Never a problem. I've worked on these for years. :)

Care to share? Interested even though I have already upgraded a couple of mine with all Best gold... & have a Wico set.

I've been doing this to all of them and has always worked with never a problem. Instantly fire with the lightest touch. Don't get me wrong, I like Best Electronics and have dealt with them since 1989 but i don't believe in the hyp with their kits and especially the gold ones. Metal is metal and what you need is conductivity. If you hold the screwdriver across these contacts, they'll fire. The carbon pads just wasn't enough. Here, all i use is: Hole Punch: gives you a perfect round cut. Quality aluminum foil: I prefer not to use the cheap store brands (i use Reynolds). Good grade adhesive.

post-17612-1230087749_thumb.jpg