IGNORED

Bounty Bob Strikes Back +others RAREST OF THE RARE

17daysolderthannes

If you can test it and show some screenshots of it being played that would entice people that are looking. Also, some close up shots to show the condition of the label and plastic.

I don't know how much closer I can get and the camera actually focus. Suffice it to say the labels are as good as I can imagine a 20-30 year old game label being. I am extremely picky about condition and considering what terrible materials the bounty bob and miner labels are made from, they are in exceptional condition.

If you can test it and show some screenshots of it being played that would entice people that are looking. Also, some close up shots to show the condition of the label and plastic.

I don't know how much closer I can get and the camera actually focus. Suffice it to say the labels are as good as I can imagine a 20-30 year old game label being. I am extremely picky about condition and considering what terrible materials the bounty bob and miner labels are made from, they are in exceptional condition.

You obviously do not know all that much about vintage cartridges, I have seen shrinkwrapped games (read: MINT) that were dead.

A.) Not tested.

B.) Sold AS IS.

C.) BBSB is a $75-$80 title.

D.) There are far more rare titles on that system.

My guess of 50 bucks is not far off. ;)

BTW, I have no interest in A8 games, so don't think I am trying to talk you down in price. Just stating my opinion.

You obviously do not know all that much about vintage cartridges, I have seen shrinkwrapped games (read: MINT) that were dead.

A.) Not tested.

B.) Sold AS IS.

C.) BBSB is a $75-$80 title.

D.) There are far more rare titles on that system.

My guess of 50 bucks is not far off. ;)

BTW, I have no interest in A8 games, so don't think I am trying to talk you down in price. Just stating my opinion.

My experience with vintage cartridges goes back to 1985, I don't deal with or collect anything older than NES, I'm just selling some games I came across because I know Bounty Bob happens to be valuable. If BBSB is a $80 title, then why can't it +7 other games be worth $80 untested instead of $50? Is anyone buying a game like this REALLY buying it to play it? I don't think anyone that buys Stadium Events for NES is buying it to whip out the ol' NES mat and go to town, they're planning on never even putting it in the system and displaying it like a Monet painting. I think chopping the value in half for untested is a bit much, in my experience any cartridge for NES and newer may lose 10% of its value for being untested, and that's for common games people intend to play. It would be one thing, again, if this was for a common system like an NES or even a 2600, but where on earth am I going to find an Atari Computer in working condition? I would offer a money back guarantee for DOA, but how am I supposed to know if the person buying it just isn't doing something right? I can't tell you how many times people have brought games back to Play N Trade and when I throw them in a system (usually without even cleaning them first) they work first try. Now, if someone is genuinely interested and wants a specific picture of something, I can oblige, but testing this is just too unrealistic of a demand for a system so obscure I've never seen one before.

It would be one thing, again, if this was for a common system like an NES or even a 2600, but where on earth am I going to find an Atari Computer in working condition?

I have two XL computers, you can come over and test games any time :)

Seriously, they're not that rare. Granted, there are only four that I saw for sale on ScrewBay, but I got these two locally. In El Paso, which is Anti-Vintage Land.

Nathan

If BBSB is a $80 title, then why can't it +7 other games be worth $80 untested instead of $50?

Untested, sold as is and "all sales are final" = 50.00 is a gamble, but wait your asking 150.00

Is anyone buying a game like this REALLY buying it to play it?

YES and its value is directly related to its working condition. Also there is a tear on the label which also effects its value

where on earth am I going to find an Atari Computer in working condition? testing this is just too unrealistic of a demand for a system so obscure I've never

seen one before.

Atari computers are not hard to find and certainly not obscure

Edited by FND

Untested, sold as is and "all sales are final" = 50.00 is a gamble, but wait your asking 150.00

I was trying to be fair in a "collectors mind" type of assessment. Regardless of if you are gonna play it, you're gonna test it. I'd gamble 50 bucks on it, if it works, great, I'd sell it for $75 [TESTED], if it does not, I still have the shells from the dirt commons to do something with.

:D

The Atari 8 bit stuff really bounces around when it comes to price. I sold a complete Bounty Bob earlier this year for around $130 but sold a loose one a few months earlier for $160. I have seen Bounty Bob cartridge only sell for as low as $40 before. Typically I would say it is around $70-$100 loose if working.

I just wanted to add that you'd probably have better luck if you had spent a few minutes with a hair dryer and removed the $1.99 PnT stickers... No one likes to think about how much more you are asking than what you paid. TMI!

Untested The lot is around $50 to $75, If you want to say the BBSB is working The lot is around $100 on a good day. BIN at a $90 might sell. I think $150 is high. HHW

I just wanted to add that you'd probably have better luck if you had spent a few minutes with a hair dryer and removed the $1.99 PnT stickers... No one likes to think about how much more you are asking than what you paid. TMI!

Untested The lot is around $50 to $75, If you want to say the BBSB is working The lot is around $100 on a good day. BIN at a $90 might sell. I think $150 is high. HHW

BTW Most People that buy a loose cart, are going to play it. HHW

BTW Most People that buy a loose cart, are going to play it. HHW

This is right, I get loose carts for systems that I want to play with, cause loose ones are the beaters, or player's copies of games. 17days, don't get us wrong, we're not being mean or overly critical. I hope it sells for you and your client.

Nathan

How do you test it? Simple, you let the buyer do that. The buyer likely has an Atari computer and will test the game when they get it, just like was said. The key is this: You put a DOA warranty on it, and if for any reason at all the buyer cannot get it to work, you send their money back. Let them know this in the auction.

I still don't think that it'll raise the price to the point of it being tested prior to shipping, but it does reduce the risk a buyer takes with your game.

Me, I test everything before listing or shipping it, and the only things I don't warranty are things that I know are dead (and I list them as not working), or things that I expect the buyer to have problems with (once again, listed as having issues).

I've got some rare stuff for sale right now, and it works perfect. Still, seeing this thread makes me think I should photo it in action to prove that yes, it does indeed work. Of course, there's my DOA warranty in effect, and feedback to back it up.

actually, those stickers are/were incorrect (I'm actually selling it on behalf of the Play N Trade I work for, those stickers claim they are for the Atari 5200, as you can see, that is completely wrong), I just wanted to leave it up to the buyer about removing them. I already stated in the auction I can remove them, but some people are picky about how they want stuff cleaned so I will let the buyer decide what they want done. I have no problem cleaning all of it, but only after someone has already paid for the auction and given the go ahead because, again, some people don't want certain chemicals/cleaners/methods/etc. used on their precious precious games.

Also, again, I can guarantee you there is no working Atari computer for miles and miles from where I live, you may think the town where you live it is uncommon to find vintage systems/computers, but considering where I live was cow pasture 30 years ago and has grown exponentially since the late 80's, there simply isn't that much in terms of older technology. And, for a third reiteration, I don't want to do a DOA guarantee because I have no way of knowing if the buyer just doesn't know what they're doing or has a broken computer, etc. As I've already said, I have seen dozens and dozens of games returned as "broken" and then tried them myself and had them work perfectly. I'm not going to give a 100% refund because someone is either lying or doesn't know what he's doing. This is the exact reason why I never bothered to sell anything on eBay before.

Edited by 17daysolderthannes

why are you guys so negative? I named a price and someone agreed to pay that price, so that makes it a scam? A Nintendo World Championship 1990 gold cart has sold for like $25,000, so that's a scam, right? It's not like it was SMB/Duck Hunt selling for $150, shit, I've even seen that sell some places for $20 or even $30! now THAT is a scam! Copy for copy I bet the 8-bit version is less common than the 5200 version, and selling for about half of the 5200's price seems fair to me.