IGNORED

Bounty Bob Strikes Back +others RAREST OF THE RARE

17daysolderthannes

why are you guys so negative? I named a price and someone agreed to pay that price, so that makes it a scam? A Nintendo World Championship 1990 gold cart has sold for like $25,000, so that's a scam, right? It's not like it was SMB/Duck Hunt selling for $150, shit, I've even seen that sell some places for $20 or even $30! now THAT is a scam! Copy for copy I bet the 8-bit version is less common than the 5200 version, and selling for about half of the 5200's price seems fair to me.

Thank God you where only here to pimp these couple games and will be lost into the ones and zeros in no time flat now that they are sold. Well at least until you come across another uncommon game you don't know anything about and want to talk it threw the roof and into your wallet :roll:

Edited by Shawn Sr.

why are you guys so negative? I named a price and someone agreed to pay that price, so that makes it a scam? A Nintendo World Championship 1990 gold cart has sold for like $25,000, so that's a scam, right? It's not like it was SMB/Duck Hunt selling for $150, shit, I've even seen that sell some places for $20 or even $30! now THAT is a scam! Copy for copy I bet the 8-bit version is less common than the 5200 version, and selling for about half of the 5200's price seems fair to me.

Nobody said anything about a scam. If you didn't know, PT Barnum Said, A Sucker was Born every Minute. You got that sucker.

I'm glad it went to a good home and hope the buyer follows through. If the PnT is anything like the one here, it needs all the help it can get. Maybe that manager will be smarter than the one here and continue with selling games THROUGH a gamer.

Not being negative at all, 17days. Just do your homework on these games.

Nathan

Thank God you where only here to pimp these couple games and will be lost into the ones and zeros in no time flat now that they are sold. Well at least until you come across another uncommon game you don't know anything about and want to talk it threw the roof and into your wallet :roll:

I don't see why I'm a dick for finding a rare game and putting it on eBay. If you want to call someone an asshole, what about the guy with the Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob 5200 funpack for a BIN of $750+? You say I know nothing about it, but how much do all of you know? Did you program the game? Did you sell the game new in your own store at some time in the past? Have you bought or sold dozens of copies? No, so why are you giving me crap for arbitrarily picking a value and making a BIN? People on other forums said it probably could've sold for more, heck, I don't know. Am I supposed to just give away a rare game because I'm not "on the scene" enough to "deserve" the money? Besides, this was basically a fund raiser for the Play N Trade I work for, I'm only pocketing half of the profit (after shipping and fees) in store credit. The owner was screwed out of $19,000 from the start, so I think going a little high on Bounty Bob isn't the worst thing going on in the world right now. It's starting to sound to me like a bunch of people pissed that they couldn't take advantage of a rare find, sorry I'm not a grandma cleaning out my attic and selling it for $1. On every other forum I belong to, most people are glad when someone shows up with something rare, but then again nothing that I collect has anything quite this rare so its hard to even make the comparison. I was letting the people know, and apparently it worked, if you guys find a CIB Chrono Trigger, by all means, spam the ever loving hell out of the SNES forums. If you find a Stadium Events cart, go on over to the NES forums and wait for someone to open their checkbook.

I don't see why I'm a dick for finding a rare game and putting it on eBay. If you want to call someone an asshole, what about the guy with the Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob 5200 funpack for a BIN of $750+? You say I know nothing about it, but how much do all of you know? Did you program the game? Did you sell the game new in your own store at some time in the past? Have you bought or sold dozens of copies? No, so why are you giving me crap for arbitrarily picking a value and making a BIN? People on other forums said it probably could've sold for more, heck, I don't know. Am I supposed to just give away a rare game because I'm not "on the scene" enough to "deserve" the money? Besides, this was basically a fund raiser for the Play N Trade I work for, I'm only pocketing half of the profit (after shipping and fees) in store credit. The owner was screwed out of $19,000 from the start, so I think going a little high on Bounty Bob isn't the worst thing going on in the world right now. It's starting to sound to me like a bunch of people pissed that they couldn't take advantage of a rare find, sorry I'm not a grandma cleaning out my attic and selling it for $1. On every other forum I belong to, most people are glad when someone shows up with something rare, but then again nothing that I collect has anything quite this rare so its hard to even make the comparison. I was letting the people know, and apparently it worked, if you guys find a CIB Chrono Trigger, by all means, spam the ever loving hell out of the SNES forums. If you find a Stadium Events cart, go on over to the NES forums and wait for someone to open their checkbook.

1) You don't know the difference between a computer cartridge and a console cartridge

2) The computer cart of BBSB isn't rare

3) I never called you an asshole, you make yourself look like one just fine without anyone having to point a finger.

Drama Queen!

I don't see why I'm a dick for finding a rare game and putting it on eBay.

Other than it not being rare, you're fine.

It's worth maybe $50, you got lucky and sold it to some schmuck for $150, who probably has it confused with the actually rare 5200 cart.

I remember paying $100 for a BBSB 8-bit cart several years ago, and that's what they were going for at the time. I bought one of these new, back in the day, and absolutely loved the game back then so I had to have a copy again in the present. I just dug it out of storage not long ago so I could play it again on real hardware. :)

..Al

Actually now that I think about it, this thread seems to represent a new trend...

Someone swoops in with some Atari trinket, asks our opinions

We deliver said opinions, which are then summarily ignored.

Banter and bickering ensues.

Creepy, eh?

As i often say to the wife... If you didn't want my opinion, why'd you ask?

(yes, I haven't quite learned that she's really asking me to give HER opinion)

The buyer is a member here, so he must of been okay with the pricing. Bounty Bob is certainly rare on either platform, but the 5200 version is a true holy grail, whereas the 8-bit version pops up for sale every other month or so. It's hard to find it under $50 because of resellers, but it does slip through the cracks every now again for peanuts. I'd rank the 8-bit version a solid R6. Certainly not in the top 20 of the rarest 8-bit games, probably would not crack the top 30.

I just looked up what I spent on the last copy I purchased off ebay, It was in a larger lot, with a couple other carts I needed and a bunch of commons. After selling off the commons, I kept 3 carts: Ant Eater (which is probably rarer than BBSB!) Spy Hunter & Bounty Bob. I spent around $60 for all three, so around $20 each. I can live with that. :)

I'd rank the 8-bit version a solid R6.

At Atarimania, we have as an 8 - but the Atarimania values are for complete games. It's pretty tough to find A8 BBSB CIB.

I have been using Atarimania (XE section) for years but never new the rarity values were for complete games ? Just did a

search to see were it may have been noted as such but could not find it anywhere. please could you direct me

to the page where it explains rarity values so I can adjust my understanding.

You have a point. Thanks for telling us about your experience.

IIRC there was an explanation of that issue before the site redesign, but we should probably add some more information now.

There is a Rarity forum at the site where these issues can be discussed, and we're always pleased to hear ideas.

Edited by deathtrappomegranate

I would think there would be a huge, huge difference in rarity between loose and complete.

IMO a game rarity guide shouldn't even take completeness into consideration. It should be ranked on availability in any condition. Only a value guide should take things like condition and completeness into account.

I would think there would be a huge, huge difference in rarity between loose and complete.

IMO a game rarity guide shouldn't even take completeness into consideration. It should be ranked on availability in any condition. Only a value guide should take things like condition and completeness into account.

As long as you compare like with like, there shouldn't be too great a problem.

The difference in rarity between complete games and loose ones can be very large, or almost nothing. Cassette games, for example, are very likely to be found in their original packaging, especially if that packaging was a standard cassette case. Cartridge games like BBSB and Seafox are only moderately rare loose, but very difficult to find complete. Some games, like Ozzy's Orchard and Abracadabra, have only been found loose (well, there is an anecdotal account of instruction manuals existing, but none has ever been produced - the boxes are unknown).

There's no particularly good reason to base the rarity values on loose games, but it is clearly important that everyone knows that Atarimania's system is not the same as AA uses for 2600 carts, for example.

[ Some games, like Ozzy's Orchard and Abracadabra, have only been found loose (well, there is an anecdotal account of instruction manuals existing, but none has ever been produced - the boxes are unknown).

The boxes won't be found because they didn't make them for the two games. I'm sure someone will make one and say "LOOK WHAT I FOUND!" but it will be a total farse. As for the manual, I don't believe they exist either but I know the boxs don't. Believe me, I've looked and every one I have contacted has said the same thing. :ponder: