IGNORED

I negged a seller today

the.golden.ax

Not only is his response absurd and stupid:

Reply by dixonbain (Dec-16-08 12:28):

Buyer declined insurance, once shipped, it is out of my hands!

But now, he's harrassing you! I would clearly not take back the neg, post a response to that feedback that adequate packing to protect the item during shipment is his responsibility, demand half or all of your money back, AND report his abuse/harrassment to ebay. I don't know what good the report will do, but it's worth trying. People like this deserve everything bad they can get.

Also, you can get this loser dixonbain's ass in a sling for leaving negative comments in positive buyer feedbacks.

Things like

"SELLERS BEWARE! Byer [sic] bought, paid and recieved [sic] item, and decided shipping 2 high"

and

"Declined ins. then "claimed" box was smashed, and left neg. feedback GET INS.!!!"

are verboten in buyer positives.

UPDATE!!!

So I went thru Paypal and file damaged goods.

I decided I would ask for S&H back.

And here is what I got a few hours later...

wonder who........

Look at the STATE!

LOL AGAIN!!!!

Message from eBay member, negfeedback.123

Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

User details:

From User: negfeedback.123 (0)

0.0% Positive Feedback

Member since Dec-16-08 in United States

Activity with negfeedback.123 (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from negfeedback.123

Activity with negfeedback.123 (last 90 days): negfeedback.123 has bid on 0 of my items

Dear nonner242,

Get a life. Thief

- negfeedback.123 Want to reply?

Marketplace Safety Tip

Keep your money safe - never pay for items with cash or instant money transfer services, such as Western Union or MoneyGram. In the past some sellers have exploited these payment methods in order to defraud buyers, so eBay has banned them from the site.

Received a Second Chance Offer email? Double check that it's genuine: Second Chance Offer emails come directly from eBay and are shown in your My Messages.

So he is going to email me thru different accounts now!

"Get a life. Thief" is perfect for him!

THE STATE IS THE SAME

From User:dixonbain98.7% Positive Feedback

Member since Oct-13-07 in United States

Activity with dixonbain (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from dixonbain

Activity with dixonbain (last 90 days): dixonbain has bid on 0 of my items

I have a Name & Email to Dixionbain that paypal sent me to contact.

It a Girl?

Heather Bain

Edited by nonner242

As well you should have negged him. :thumbsup:

It wouldnt be a bad idea to post his ebay ID here as well to warn others. There should be a "bad ebay user" sticky in the marketplace forum like he bad trader alert thread....

Not surprised that would be your response. :roll: The shipping rate is fine, His response is what deserved a Neg.

Nor am I surprised that your contribution to this thread is taking a shot at me.

The author of this thread stated the seller was wrong because of the AMOUNT of the shipping rate. I agreed with him, as did just about everyone else in this thread yet you chose to single out me.

I'm still waiting to hear your Ebay Id. You said you were this big time seller in one of random attacks on me, yet you never stated what it was. Obviously you lied. And you're a troll.

Back under your bridge, troll.

Oh no, you sir have been the troll and wrong as always your take on things is always out there. Nice try. It seems to be your pet issue and you are wrong that's why you are picked out. dont like a contrary opinion? Try trolling elsewhere. I am a big time seller, have been for years. Not taking your bait though. You'll have to find another seller to try out your BS on. :D

UPDATE!!!

So I went thru Paypal and file damaged goods.

I decided I would ask for S&H back.

And here is what I got a few hours later...

wonder who........

Look at the STATE!

LOL AGAIN!!!!

Message from eBay member, negfeedback.123

Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

User details:

From User: negfeedback.123 (0)

0.0% Positive Feedback

Member since Dec-16-08 in United States

Activity with negfeedback.123 (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from negfeedback.123

Activity with negfeedback.123 (last 90 days): negfeedback.123 has bid on 0 of my items

Dear nonner242,

Get a life. Thief

- negfeedback.123 Want to reply?

Marketplace Safety Tip

Keep your money safe - never pay for items with cash or instant money transfer services, such as Western Union or MoneyGram. In the past some sellers have exploited these payment methods in order to defraud buyers, so eBay has banned them from the site.

Received a Second Chance Offer email? Double check that it's genuine: Second Chance Offer emails come directly from eBay and are shown in your My Messages.

So he is going to email me thru different accounts now!

"Get a life. Thief" is perfect for him!

THE STATE IS THE SAME

From User:dixonbain98.7% Positive Feedback

Member since Oct-13-07 in United States

Activity with dixonbain (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from dixonbain

Activity with dixonbain (last 90 days): dixonbain has bid on 0 of my items

I have a Name & Email to Dixionbain that paypal sent me to contact.

It a Girl?

Heather Bain

I really hope you reported this to ebay. Heck, may even do harassment stuff other ways. Person has issues.

Thats why I like sellers who charge actual shipping, none of this inflated shipping BS. I just bought a game on Chase the Chuckwagon and the seller actually put $1.76 back into my PP account for charging too much shipping; now that is the way to do business. I am pretty sure he is a member here. :)

You still have to add in (as a seller) your expense for returns (where customer does a charge back with shipping or throws a fit about shipping being refunded too) somewhere. And/or resending items because they claim they were broken in shipment and they can't be charged shipping on it...

As to this case, yeah, 400+ % per item is too much... but actual shipping is too little; to fund / resolve this issue for sellers.

I'm thinking of adding $2.99 to shipping for the Big Mac I had to eat to have the energy to go to the post office. I forgot my car lease payments and maintainance.

I do hate that approach, charge a reasonable amount for shipping, then spend 1/4 on shipping. The real faux paux is being a dick when you get a message. He could have charged you $100 (as long as you knowingly bid and accepted the price for shipping) and then spent only 50 cents, but if he refunds 99% of the difference, he shouldn't get a neg.

BTW, buyers, it does cost something for many sellers to pack items. If you don't use priority boxes for everything and recycled packaging materials, it's not unreasonable to be charged costs. But I don't think I've seen more than 5 non-institutional eBay sellers using all new packaging materials (aside from bubble mailers). I will pay for good packaging stuff for important items, as long as it's reasonable. Most of the time, I don't care, as long as there is some nominal protection. I personally charge 50 cents for materials for all my auctions. If someone complains, I'll definitely refund, no problem with that. But since nobody has complained yet, I just refund when I'm off by more than $2. I have bought record shipping boxes for those, well worth it, and good for media mail which buyers love for records (LPs).

I have to poke at the many European homebrewers and sellers out there. I have noticed a trend of unrealistic packaging coming from overseas. Half the boxed homebrews I have are smooshed from poor packaging practices. It's like folks think the packages are delivered with silk glove service. Seriously, this is the USPS. A smashed package is a package that hasn't been delivered. And shipping is generally WAY more than I am able to charge. And USPS international ain't cheap. GRR!