IGNORED

What do the places that sell your stuff on ebay charge?

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Hey, anyone know what people/stores charge to sell your stuff on ebay. I'm thinking they would do a percentage of what it goes for? What do you think that percentage would be around, just a ballpark estimate.

I think these businesses or people exist, I don't know. :?

I was just thinking that about 12% or so of the selling price is gone in fees. I know that's ebay and CTCW is much cheaper but I just don't feel like doing the auction thing at all and I have a fair amount of games to get rid of.

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Hey, anyone know what people/stores charge to sell your stuff on ebay. I'm thinking they would do a percentage of what it goes for? What do you think that percentage would be around, just a ballpark estimate.

I was just thinking that about 12% or so of the selling price is gone in fees. I know that's ebay and CTCW is much cheaper but I just don't feel like doing the auction thing at all and I have a fair amount of games to get rid of.

Usually if a business sells your stuff on consignment with Ebay your looking at them taking 33 percent of the profits.

Place by me has something like this last summer but now fees have gone up a little.

They only want to sell items worth $75+

$10 charge up front for standard listing without reserve price and they keep this if it does not sell and it is refunded if item does sell

fees were based on final value with somewhat of a structure but for most items selling under 300 it was 25%.

They padded their shipping cost so they could make some extra there and seller got none of that.

And then after they got paid and they got positive feedback the seller would get a check or if no feedback they waited 30 days after shipped to pay.

I would guess their fees for final value have gone up now.

Of course, you'll let me know what you're selling so I can buy locally if there's anything I'm interested in. :)