IGNORED

What is the best way to get rid of 2600 commons

Buyatari

I have thousands of carts and was trying to unload them. They haven't been picked over so are Froggers and Pitfalls etc but what is the best way to sell them?

Sell in lots or with a system? How many per system or per lot? Which combination gives you the best results.

How do you powersellers out there do it to for max profit?

Sell them to AtariAge or someone else who needs cases. I'd put myself in that category if Chimera were not in limbo yet again (perhaps for the last time).

Last I checked Albert had more 2600 cases than he needed. These haven't been picked over and there are decent titles I wouldn't gut for the case like Adventure, Superman etc.

I usually offer them at eBay as single carts, starting at EUR 1 and offering combined shipping worldwide with a full list of shipping quotes (to Germany, Europe and the world). Some titles (like Pole Position, Super-Ferrari or Demon Attack) don't sell everytime, but as eBay Germany doesn't charge anything for items listed with EUR 1 starting bid and with a gallery picture, that doesn't bother me - if it should get worse in this respect, I'll start bundling these carts to lots as I did with some of my double NTSC carts.

Thorsten

Here is a method I am seeing recently. Have an auction with a picture of 100 carts. Tell the people they can take any 10 carts from the 100 they desire. That way the buyer has a choice.

Here is a good example of what I am talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270320179750

Edited by homerwannabee

I could make good use of a bundle of common cartridges. When my 2600 died like 20 years ago, my mother gave all my games to my cousins. I bought some months ago a new one and the only game I have is Phoenix.

I really miss playing Adventure, Superman, Raiders of the Lost Ark... I might be the only human being willing to buy a COMBAT cartridge!

So that "choose 10" thingy sounds nice. If you make a PAL one, I would be interested.

Here is a method I am seeing recently. Have an auction with a picture of 100 carts. Tell the people they can take any 10 carts from the 100 they desire. That way the buyer has a choice.

Yeah clearly this is a good way to sell and that is exactly what I would do but it is against ebay policy.

Yeah clearly this is a good way to sell and that is exactly what I would do but it is against ebay policy.

Well, I am sure the folks at Chase the Chuckwagon would be cool with that type of auction. :)

[...]in limbo yet again (perhaps for the last time).

Is it "near completion" or is it "near death"?

Both actually. Near completion but incomplete doesn't mean much if Delicon doesn't return to finish it. It's been on and off for over 3 years now.

I've noticed that he has had to drop out at various times. Life gets in the way for all of us now and then. I hope he's able to finish it. I know there are a number of people who would be disappointed if the project died, but I think I'd be more disappointed for you than for myself with all that you've invested. Best of luck to you, Delicon and all involved.