IGNORED

Arcadia/Starpath Supercharger for Atari 2600 Booklets

irongiant14

Hi everyone,

First, let me apologize to the community for my first forum post being in the auction section. I'm 39 and was absolutely obsessed with my Atari 2600 when I was young. Space Invaders was my first game, after Combat. I used to hound retailers, asking when Asteroids was going to be available. It's so easy to forget how hard it was to get gaming info before the internet. I also loved Kaboom!, River Raid, Adventure, Donkey Kong, Superman, Megamania...

Somehow, I managed to mail order the Supercharger in 1983. When it arrived, I was grounded and had to sneak it over my friends' house to play. I was really thrilled with it back then. Unfortunately, I let somebody borrow my Atari stuff years ago and it's all long gone. I did find some empty cartridge boxes and the 'How To Play' booklets for 4 Supercharger games, recently. I put the booklets on ebay: Arcadia Starpath Supercharger for Atari 2600 Booklets (#290285287120)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:L:LCA:US:1123

I hope this is a good and useful find for somebody's collection and that the booklets can be reunited with a Supercharger system for posterity.

You should consider reacquiring an atari, supercharger and some games. It's a nice way to escape reality and relive some of the best moments of your youth!

Maybe someday I will. But for now I'm trying to downsize and focus on songwriting. I've been getting a big kick out of this site, however. So many memories of Atari with friends, trading cartridges, and "game greed" flood back when I look at the database. Plus, I didn't know there was a modem for an Atari system, until I saw the top-right graphic of these FORUMS pages.

It's funny because I've always been into games and have been following PC gaming closely for years (although I play less and less). Maybe it's b/c i was a kid but there was just so much to look forward to in the early 80s for 2600 gamers. We spent hours talking about who should get what game, making lists... You guys are living the dream, now. To have access to so many cartridges.