IGNORED

WTF!? eBay buyer wants to return after 3 weeks?

the.golden.ax

Someone bought 30 dust covers for NES off me for $10.80 shipped around Dec-8. They contacted me today to say they returned them, since they never ordered them, and didn't authorize the transaction. WTF!? he got 30 covers for $6, and I only charged $4.80 shipping (when it was more like $6 because it ran 2lbs packed). The guy left + feedback and everything. I wrote back and told him it was a done deal, if he has security issues with his paypal account and ebay account to contact eBay. I'm not taking any non-defective return back after three weeks. If he did mail them back, between my cost, and his cost, the post office comes out with more than the value of the whole transaction. WOW.

AX

Agreed, let this one go. Seems any problem is on his end and any kind of security lack is also on his end. You got yours in this case as positive feedback.

If the buyer makes a nuisance of himself, turn the whole thing over to ebay's people (machines?) and they'll deal with it in a few months. I'm sure he'll love that, too.

Someone bought 30 dust covers for NES off me for $10.80 shipped around Dec-8. They contacted me today to say they returned them, since they never ordered them, and didn't authorize the transaction. WTF!? he got 30 covers for $6, and I only charged $4.80 shipping (when it was more like $6 because it ran 2lbs packed). The guy left + feedback and everything. I wrote back and told him it was a done deal, if he has security issues with his paypal account and ebay account to contact eBay. I'm not taking any non-defective return back after three weeks. If he did mail them back, between my cost, and his cost, the post office comes out with more than the value of the whole transaction. WOW.

AX

If he sent it via a carrier that does signatures, remember to refuse it. Otherwise if he used a full / real credit card for paypal (re: non checkcard) he can probably charge you back via them (over paypal and ebay's heads)... Stuff rolls downhill so next paypal will grab the money and its done.

I'm not sure I would be concerned with this, either, most especially for such a low dollar transaction. The buyer should have contacted you before he sent anything back, rather than "throwing it in your face". If you can refuse the package back that would be best. I wouldn't buy his story about someone hacking into his account, either. Who hacks into someone's eBay account, buys something and then leaves positive feedback when it arrives? And assuming the guy's PayPal account was also hacked (otherwise why would he even care about returning the item), then he's a moron for someone managing to have both of these accounts hacked (such as by using the same password on both). All sounds fishy to me.

..Al

I'm not sure I would be concerned with this, either, most especially for such a low dollar transaction. The buyer should have contacted you before he sent anything back, rather than "throwing it in your face". If you can refuse the package back that would be best. I wouldn't buy his story about someone hacking into his account, either. Who hacks into someone's eBay account, buys something and then leaves positive feedback when it arrives? And assuming the guy's PayPal account was also hacked (otherwise why would he even care about returning the item), then he's a moron for someone managing to have both of these accounts hacked (such as by using the same password on both). All sounds fishy to me.

..Al

Yep; Sound like he just decided he didn't want them anymore. Even if he did end up sending them back and getting a refund by paypal, you can just sell them again.

Edited by guitarmas

AX

If he sent it via a carrier that does signatures, remember to refuse it. Otherwise if he used a full / real credit card for paypal (re: non checkcard) he can probably charge you back via them (over paypal and ebay's heads)... Stuff rolls downhill so next paypal will grab the money and its done.

Paypal will only require that he provide a tracking number, if you refuse it, they do not care. We had this happen, jerk still got a refund.

yeah I know many people who had the money yanked out and never got anything back. Paypal isn't too concerned if you as a seller get screwed.

I'd send a partial refund minus the shipping and just relist it. Otherwise you might be out the whole amount and have nothing to show for it. Worse case at least this was a cheap auction.

Edited by Buyatari

AX

Paypal will only require that he provide a tracking number, if you refuse it, they do not care. We had this happen, jerk still got a refund.

Brutal... ack...

Aren't things like dust covers, slip-cases and things like that considered consumables? I mean immediately, like sticki-notes and stationery? If I bought it and decided I didn't want them anymore I'd keep them anyway and not even expect a refund for a return.

Some people.

"I'd like to return these multi-purpose screws for $5, I can't use them anymore because I don't have a screwdriver anymore." Real rational.

Yeah, he just happens to have about 20 something feedback for selling NES games...

He wrote again, said they were on the way. I replied saying I'd be refusing the package.

So you guys think if it has D/C give him his $6 file a non-pay and resell? Sounds like a plan. If it has NO D/C I'm just going to refuse delivery.

AX

Yeah, he just happens to have about 20 something feedback for selling NES games...

He wrote again, said they were on the way. I replied saying I'd be refusing the package.

So you guys think if it has D/C give him his $6 file a non-pay and resell? Sounds like a plan. If it has NO D/C I'm just going to refuse delivery.

AX

Sucks, that is what is wrong with ebay. Screw the sellers and watch em come back for more.. Must be entertaining for ebay, and they get paid to screw us. Must be one reason listings and also sales as a result are way down.

Well when I went on Christmas break, I closed my eBay store, and closed my subscriptions, and powerseller turns off in a few weeks. I still have a $304 auto bill paypal coming out in three days (for $1100 in sales). When I start listing again, now that chuck gave in to the 30 day listing demand :D I was waiting on that one... I'll be listing there again for a while. I'll use eBay in a limited way for stuff that is worth a good deal but can't be sold in forums or chuck for a long time (at least 30 days). I'm done powerselling though. It really is a lousy sales site. I'm still happy to buy though, sadly.

AX

Nowadays, the feedback system being totally broken and hopeless as it is, your main worry is paypal. If you get issues with paypal, it's like cutting off your lifeline. There really should be a class action suit for eBay requiring paypal use and squashing competition. I would take refund at a loss just to avoid dealing with paypal problems. I can't afford to be cut off of eBay since I sell crap outside of video games. If I was cut off, I'd probably just donate thousands in stuff and take a write off.