IGNORED

eBay Stores - the most pathetcally overpriced stuff EVAR!

ianoid

Being a big time hater of the stupid seller, it's only a matter of time before people fold their stores. It does cost a bit to have your overpriced stuff wilting on the internet. I hope they own eBay shares, because eBay is the only one to benefit from this insanity.

example

example

example

example

Sure some of this stuff is rare and cool, but I just can't imagine much selling at such a premium.

I was looking up a title for a gamecube game that came into my store the other day to see if it had more value than the last time it was in. About 20 active auctions were going most with high BIN around $25 and then at the bottom was Ebay stores and there was over 50 and they were in the $30-40 range very high. So then in ended auctions only 1 or 2 of the last 100+ auctions had sold. I cam up with an average price to get it sold is $12.95. I would guess they just like to park it and wait for some sucker. Funny thing is some stores had the same game listed 4 or more time at the same super high price

I am amused.. "Very rare game", yet the opening bid is for 99 cents and shipping is a staggering $6.00 for a single, loose cart. For "Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service" which means they'll ship it in a bubble envelope (if you're lucky) via First Class Mail for under $2.00.

..Al

I noticed several ebay stores went out recently, or possibly merged with some other store.

One in particular is Callistoo's Market. I bought a bunch of bootleg copies of SNES Contra III and Castlevania IV from them years ago dirt cheap.

Overpricing seems to have become the norm for games these days with no justification - still laugh at the $40-$60 or more for Super Metroid CIB or M.U.S.H.A. as if they're super rare.

Not to mention gauging on shipping costs. I think some people feel they deserve to be richly compensated to wrap a console in bubblewrap and put it in a box or a boxed game in an envelope and attach a shipping label.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Genesis-Game-cons...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by chuckwalla

RobotKingNES might be the worst, look at what he said to someone trying to sell an Odyssey 1 in the Q&A section Auction Link:

"OKAY, THAT IS NOT THE BEST PICTURE TO PUT UP THERE, IT DOES NOT SHOW ENOUGH OF WHAT YOU ARE SELLING. WOULD U CONSIDER ENDING IT FOR A BIN OF 100? ALSO YOU HQAVE THE WRONG BOX FOR THAT SYSTEM. ROBOTKINGNES"

The seller gave a really good response. RobotKingNES was going to take it for $100 and slap $600+ on it. le sigh...