IGNORED

fraudster on ebay selling Terra I, others

JustJeff2

Yes, how exactly does he know if the game is a rare game if he can't test it??? He just picks up carts with no labels and says I think this is a "insert rare game here" slaps a masking tape label on it and expects collectors to pay for it?

Also like you said this probably does belong in the auction forum :P

Wow, that seller sucks. Please report his auctions for only accepting money orders, excessive shipping or whatever other rule you can find they are breaking. few suckers have already placed bids. I'd hate to see these auctions run their course.

y-bot

reported ; for the money order thing just now

hey guys, so lastnight I emailed him about the pacman, asteriods , and quadrun games, I gave him a sorta sob story"

hi, will you ship to canada? and how much?

also you said on your text, that two of the games are missing labels. and have tape on them saying the title. Now I have been burned before with something like this, someone made and or put labels on cartridges and passed them off as hard to get games, and they were not. You seem to have great feedback, and I hope to do buisness with you. I want to look out for myself. No hard feelings???

just wondering could you takes pics of the 3 games you are selling pacman quadrun and asteriods if possible??

thanks

Here's his response:

Id really like to stick with US shipping. I really have no clue on the games, or if they even work, because i dont have a player to try them. They were in a bunch of stuff i got from an estate sale and im slowly listing everything. Sorry but i dont have a cam right now so i cant take pics. Thanks

So there you have it :?

corby

Edited by corbysatarigame

Wow, that seller sucks. Please report his auctions for only accepting money orders, excessive shipping or whatever other rule you can find they are breaking. few suckers have already placed bids. I'd hate to see these auctions run their course.

y-bot

reported ; for the money order thing just now

We will thoroughly review the listing(s) you have reported for

violations of our Listing Policies. In order to keep eBay a safe and fun

place to trade, we often rely on members like you to bring such listing

violations to our attention.

I reported several of them as well for the money order thing. It just goes to show, regardless of what is said, Ebay does often pull violations. You need more than one person sometimes however most buyers can't be bothered until they've been burned. Then they turn around and blame Ebay. :roll:

Unbelievably, a few of his auctions had bids on them.

They won't pull it for money orders...yet.

I've actually purchased two things on ebay with money orders since ebay banned 'em.

I've purchased about 50 things from Ebay with money orders in the past two months.

One seller actually sent me a "question and answer" session that Ebay held. Although it is a violation to offer non-Paypal options as payment, it is NOT a violation for a seller to accept cash, checks or money orders from bidders. In other words, sellers can accept any payment methods they want. They just can't advertise that fact.

I don't have a Paypal account. And I have no intention of getting one. Banning non-Paypal users from using their website will not lead me to get one either. I'll simply stop using Ebay.

It seems like an incredibly stupid business decision. Ebay can scream "It's for safety reasons only" as much as they want. But we all know it's simply out of greed - so they can double-dip with final value fees and Paypal fees.

One seller told me that roughly 10% of his customers don't use Paypal. And he stands to lose 10% of his business. Thus Ebay might lose 10% of their profits as well.

What brain trust thought this was a good idea? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their next executive board meeting when they report that their profits have gone even lower.

Ebay used to be wonderful six or seven years ago. But then they decided to implement a neverending string of new ideas to fix what wasn't broken.

here he is

click to look at his other auctions... he likes to "hide" misc rare carts with "oh, it has a masking tape label on it an dI cannot test it" crap

cool guy

edit: maybe this should go in the auction forum... my bad

When I saw the title I thought that you were referring to this fake sold on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...40038%26fvi%3D1

When I saw the title I thought that you were referring to this fake sold on ebay.

I hope you were being facetious.

It's not a fake if you state upfront and clearly that it's a reproduction. A fake is something intended to defraud.

Piltdown Man was a fake. The copy of da Vinci's Last Supper I have is a reproduction.

I've just realized some things... 1) I think that's Shawn's auction. 2) I think the repr0duction thing is not to trick buyers, but to keep it from being cancelled by the eBay powers-that-be-dumb. Sorry for my misguided assumption!!

It's all good pinball22 :) But that olympic anal surfer McGrail on the other hand. :x

They won't pull it for money orders...yet.

I've actually purchased two things on ebay with money orders since ebay banned 'em.

Correct:

Enforcement grace period for sellers: Starting October 20, 2008 only permitted payment methods will be displayed in the payment details section of listings. Sellers will need to remove all references to non-permitted payment methods from item descriptions. We know that this is a busy time of year for sellers, so to allow sufficient time to change templates, we will wait until January 15, 2009 before we begin taking action against sellers soliciting non-permitted payment methods within the item description of listings.

Policy link.

Edited by ClassicGMR

I hope you were being facetious.

It's not a fake if you state upfront and clearly that it's a reproduction. A fake is something intended to defraud.

Piltdown Man was a fake. The copy of da Vinci's Last Supper I have is a reproduction.

It is a fake. It is an unauthorized reproduction and it also is against eBay rules.

Strange that he had no camera to take pictures of the Atari games he's selling, but did have one to take a picture of the car part he has up for auction.

Yeah, there's really no excuse these days for not taking pictures of items you are selling online. Especially when the buyer will have no ability to inspect said merchandise before paying for and receiving it.

..Al