IGNORED

fraudster on ebay selling Terra I, others

JustJeff2

When I saw the title I thought that you were referring to this fake sold on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...40038%26fvi%3D1

I hope you were being facetious.

It's not a fake if you state upfront and clearly that it's a reproduction. A fake is something intended to defraud.

Piltdown Man was a fake. The copy of da Vinci's Last Supper I have is a reproduction.

It is a fake. It is an unauthorized reproduction and it also is against eBay rules.

post-997-1231287378_thumb.jpg

:ponder:

hey guys I just got an email from him:

hi again, i was hoping your ebay auction was going to come back!! Thats ok about no shipping to Canada. BUT I have A few friends down south who would be very interested in the lot. And are wondering since you have pics of a carb. Maybe you can snap some pics of the atari games. Sorry to haggle you, just helping you and some friends of mine.

heehee A.A friends

here's his response

Hi, yea ebay took some listings down because i wasnt offering paypal. The carb is my brothers, he emailed me the pics. Sooo i dont know anything about it other than whats in the description. Im not mechanically inclined. I dont have a working cam but Ill see what i can do about pics of everything else..im sure id have alot better bids right now. Thanks

please stay tuned

Again, he states he only wants a money order. I have nothing against that. What I have a problem with is the listing saying PayPal is accepted, but in his description he says he wants a money order. It is confusing and at best, misleading. Anyway, I reported him again. Really, because I am pretty sure he is passing off junk as being non-junk, and the money order thing is a technicality to get him booted.

Again, he states he only wants a money order. I have nothing against that. What I have a problem with is the listing saying PayPal is accepted, but in his description he says he wants a money order. It is confusing and at best, misleading. Anyway, I reported him again. Really, because I am pretty sure he is passing off junk as being non-junk, and the money order thing is a technicality to get him booted.

I agree with you 100%. Nobody has mentioned that yesterday he had a couple of NES games up, one of which was Flintstones 2. What are the chances of someone having a handful of games for 2 systems and 2 of the games being a couple of the highest profile rarities for each system. Give me a break. What is wrong with the people who are bidding on these items?

y-bot

It is a fake.

Unless you're talking about jazz musicians, "faking it" implies deceit.

There's no deceit here, so it's not a fake.

It is an unauthorized reproduction and it also is against eBay rules.

Those statements are true but still in no way imply Shawn is trying to cheat anyone.

Calling his work fakery does. But it's only a fake if you attempt to pass it off as an original.

All fakes are reproductions, but not all reproductions are fakes, dig?

Anyway -- eBay's rules are nonsensical, nobody cares about the copyright on Rescue Terra, and Shawn's work is generally embraced by the community as what it is: labors of love so that hobbyists may enjoy otherwise inaccessible games.

here he is

click to look at his other auctions... he likes to "hide" misc rare carts with "oh, it has a masking tape label on it an dI cannot test it" crap

cool guy

edit: maybe this should go in the auction forum... my bad

When I saw the title I thought that you were referring to this fake sold on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...40038%26fvi%3D1

Yeah, wii7800 is a slippery M.F.er, I almost bought one of his repr0ductions. At least after 2 e-mails he was honest. Anyway, I would stay clear of him and his (unauthorized repr0ductions). Also, by reading his F.B. I would say he is an extreme hothead (even more than me).

I am not a super reproduction fan in the first place but think about this for a second. A person does not need to go through the trouble of having a reproduction cart to rip a person off. In fact most rip offs on Ebay happen when the person simply steals a picture and passes it off as the real thing. Comics generally are not reproduced, but that does not stop the rip off artist. You will see at least one Amazing Fantasy 15(First appearance of Spider-man) a week that is in reality a stolen picture. Generally the seller has a buy it now at a low price and get's paid and then closes the acount before anything else happens. So my point is this. Even if there was not a single reproduction cart out there these people would still be ripping people off by stealing pictures.

Edited by homerwannabee

Yeah, wii7800 is a slippery M.F.er, I almost bought one of his repr0ductions. At least after 2 e-mails he was honest. Anyway, I would stay clear of him and his (unauthorized repr0ductions). Also, by reading his F.B. I would say he is an extreme hothead (even more than me).

Ya dude is totally full of shit being honest about what he sells and all. If anyone is such a dolt that they can't tell from an upfront add, emails and photo that a game is a repro they need to learn how to read and also get an eye exam.

EDIT: Also said types of people need to realize that the word "reproduction" and a price tag of "$19.99" doesn't mean your getting a "original" game that is uber rare and a "$1,999.99" dollar game.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Care to tell what game it was on ebay you "almost" purchased so I can pull up the auction to show how it is listed flat out as a repro with no room for anyone to think its an original and\or prototype? If you wanna talk garbage then you gotta be ready for it to fall on your face when you make up lies to slander someone and they call you out on it.

Care to tell what game it was on ebay you "almost" purchased so I can pull up the auction to show how it is listed flat out as a repro with no room for anyone to think its an original and\or prototype? If you wanna talk garbage then you gotta be ready for it to fall on your face when you make up lies to slander someone and they call you out on it.

You know what, I am done with this topic.I read your E-Bay FB before I posted!! Obviously you have a problem, be it anger, lying or whatever. Now get in your jabs with me and be done with it. I am.

Interesting that Ebay allows repro's to be sold on their site and yet wont allow original software remastered on different media (i.e A8 software remastered on CD roms, where the seller has been given permission by the original publishers/authors to sell remastered software on this new media)

Perhaps ebay is the biggest scam or fraud the internet has ever known

I also just checked out his FB on ebay and only see 1 Neg and 1 Ntrl (both from people who obviously don't like repro's) If the listing is clearly labeled as a repro and you want an original game DON'T BID ON IT!!! Also don't expect to get the original for that cheap :) Most people who make these repro's do so in order to allow people who don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on games a chance to add these rare games to their collections, not to screw people over.

I also just checked out his FB on ebay and only see 1 Neg and 1 Ntrl (both from people who obviously don't like repro's) If the listing is clearly labeled as a repro and you want an original game DON'T BID ON IT!!! Also don't expect to get the original for that cheap :) Most people who make these repro's do so in order to allow people who don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on games a chance to add these rare games to their collections, not to screw people over.

Precisely.