IGNORED

ebay seller pulled a bait and switch on me

atarivision

I recently won an ebay auction for an Emerson Arcadia 2001 system (boxed) with 15 boxed games:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 370130303815

The auction clearly stated that most of the games were still sealed in plastic. You can even tell that many are still sealed in the auction photos.

Upon receiving the package I discovered:

• there were only 12 games (with only 11 cartridges) included instead of the 15 games as advertised
  • games #6, #17, #19 were missing, and game #1 was just an empty box with no cartridge in it at all
  • only game #8 was sealed in plastic, even though the auction indicated that most of the games were sealed
  • 5 of the games did not even come with the instruction booklet in the box
  • game box #2 is destroyed, it is smashed and has a hole ripped on the back of the box
  • games #1, #5, #7, #20 have red price stickers on the spine of the box, this is not seen in the auction photos
  • the games the seller sent me are clearly not the same as the games pictured in the auction photos. Bait and switch?

I feel certain the photos in the auction had to be of actual items that the seller had in his possession because the boxed console that he sent me has the exact same puncture holes in the box that can be seen in the auction photos. The seller just screwed me on the games. I doubt this was an honest mistake, I think the seller may have intentionally pulled a bait and switch on me.

I am going to contact the seller and give him a chance to explain and make things right, but first I want to save the photos from the auction as evidence in case I have to file a dispute. However, I am having difficulty and cannot save the photos. Can somebody here save the photos from the auction and send them to me in an e-mail please? Hopefully I can get the auction photos before the seller takes them down.

As soon as I get the auction photos then I will contact the seller and see what his explanation is. If somebody here can save the auction photos please click on my ebay "about me" icon and there you will find my e-mail address. I appreciate any help getting the auction photos and I will keep this updated as the situation unfolds. I am also attaching a photo of the games that the seller actually sent me, just compare my photo to the photos in the auction and you can see that the seller screwed me.

Matt A.

post-3850-1231746671_thumb.jpg

If you paid with PayPal, you can file a "Significantly Not As Described" claim. Be sure to save a copy of the auction (not just the pictures) and take screenshots as well. You'll want to submit all this information (along with your description above about what you received versus what was advertised) if you file a claim.

I'm curious to hear what the seller has to say about this.

..Al

If you paid with PayPal, you can file a "Significantly Not As Described" claim. Be sure to save a copy of the auction (not just the pictures) and take screenshots as well. You'll want to submit all this information (along with your description above about what you received versus what was advertised) if you file a claim.

I'm curious to hear what the seller has to say about this.

..Al

How do you get Paypal to actually resolve that kind of claim in your favor? I have filed one twice and both times I got an e-mail from Paypal saying we don't intervene in item not as described claims and that they would just make note of my complaint in the seller's file.

• 5 weeks later...
I recently won an ebay auction for an Emerson Arcadia 2001 system (boxed) with 15 boxed games:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 370130303815

The auction clearly stated that most of the games were still sealed in plastic. You can even tell that many are still sealed in the auction photos.

Upon receiving the package I discovered:

• there were only 12 games (with only 11 cartridges) included instead of the 15 games as advertised
  • games #6, #17, #19 were missing, and game #1 was just an empty box with no cartridge in it at all
  • only game #8 was sealed in plastic, even though the auction indicated that most of the games were sealed
  • 5 of the games did not even come with the instruction booklet in the box
  • game box #2 is destroyed, it is smashed and has a hole ripped on the back of the box
  • games #1, #5, #7, #20 have red price stickers on the spine of the box, this is not seen in the auction photos
  • the games the seller sent me are clearly not the same as the games pictured in the auction photos. Bait and switch?

I feel certain the photos in the auction had to be of actual items that the seller had in his possession because the boxed console that he sent me has the exact same puncture holes in the box that can be seen in the auction photos. The seller just screwed me on the games. I doubt this was an honest mistake, I think the seller may have intentionally pulled a bait and switch on me.

I am going to contact the seller and give him a chance to explain and make things right, but first I want to save the photos from the auction as evidence in case I have to file a dispute. However, I am having difficulty and cannot save the photos. Can somebody here save the photos from the auction and send them to me in an e-mail please? Hopefully I can get the auction photos before the seller takes them down.

As soon as I get the auction photos then I will contact the seller and see what his explanation is. If somebody here can save the auction photos please click on my ebay "about me" icon and there you will find my e-mail address. I appreciate any help getting the auction photos and I will keep this updated as the situation unfolds. I am also attaching a photo of the games that the seller actually sent me, just compare my photo to the photos in the auction and you can see that the seller screwed me.

Matt A.

I'm still curious to know what ever came of this...