IGNORED

Feedback Issue

Shawn

Ok here is the issue:

Reproduction of Coke Wins is for sale with a buy it now, immediate payment required.

Buyer clicks the buy it now and pays.

buyer then contacts seller and asks if clearly listed reproduction is an authentic coke wins.

Seller replys, "no this is an aftermarket, fan made, reproduction just like the auction states"

Buyer says "I thought this was for a legit coke wins, I want my money back"

Seller refunds money right away. This is all done within 15 mins of the buyer clicking the buy it now.

So now buyer is refunded within 15 mins after he makes his "mistaken purchase".

Seller leaves positive feedback for buyer along the lines of "hope you find what your looking for next time".

Buyer then chooses to leave a negative for the seller to the tune of "Selling fake games, reported to ebay,ect"

Does anyone else think this buyer is a bit out of line?

Ok here is the issue:

Reproduction of Coke Wins is for sale with a buy it now, immediate payment required.

buyer then contacts seller and asks if clearly listed reproduction is an authentic coke wins.

Seller replys, "no this is an aftermarket, fan made, reproduction just like the auction states"

Seller refunds money right away. This is all done within 15 mins of the buyer clicking the buy it now.

Seller leaves positive feedback for buyer along the lines of "hope you find what your looking for next time".

Buyer then chooses to leave a negative for the seller to the tune of "Selling fake games, reported to ebay,ect"

If it was clearly listed as Repro, then yes buyer is out of line.

They should read the listing before making their purchase.

If it is stated in the auction that the cartridge is a reproduction, then the buyer has no reason to complain. Even if they did just skim the auction and didn’t read the description, common sense would dictate that a Coke Wins selling at $20 or $30 with a buy it now is not an original.

Hypothetically speaking, even supposing a seller isn’t clear in their description or isn’t being totally honest, I think that once the money is refunded and the whole thing is resolved, there is no reason to give negative feedback.

The buyer has no basis to give negative feedback here. In this situation, the seller did everything right. In fact, they showed great customer service by responding and refunding the money so quickly.

Link to auction and to buyer? This person is either an idiot or is out to intentionally give you negative feedback (and trust me, I've seen plenty of that in this hobby). I would be on the phone to eBay to have that feedback removed as that's completely bullshit if the auction clearly states the game is a reproduction. The buyer's inability or unwillingness to thoroughly read and/or understand what he or she is buying should not be basis for that person to leave you negative feedback.

..Al

Ok here is the issue:

Oh yeah! A growing number of ebay buyers can't read. Sadly ebay wont remove garbage like that.

This is a case you should persist to have the feedback removed.

Given how much money eBay makes per transaction, it's ridiculous that you should have to be persistent to try and get feedback like this removed. There really should be an official means of protesting a negative feedback, having someone at eBay take a look at the auction and the feedback, and making a common sense decision about whether or not your claim is valid. If a user continues to leave feedback that gets overturned, they should have their account NARU'd. Likewise, if a user has a history of making FALSE claims that improper feedback has been left for him/her, then NARU that person. eBay simply doesn't care and would rather ostracize their customers one at a time than have a feedback system that actually works.

..Al

I agree totally with Albert. It just burns me that this is an acceptable practice on ebay as indicated by volumes of complaints from reputable sellers and buyers from this and many sites just related to the video game hobby.

I never mind taking responsibility, this situation just reminds me how much I despise taking blame for something that didn't happen :x (like someone makes it out to be misrepresenting the facts). Did this buyer really think they were getting an original Coke Wins? Even if they did, so what. You agree to read before buying and clearly that didn't happen here. I got a negative when I was refused a refund and complained because someone sent me a photocopy duplicate of what was supposed to be an original copy. :x :x :x

This is a case you should persist to have the feedback removed.

Given how much money eBay makes per transaction, it's ridiculous that you should have to be persistent to try and get feedback like this removed. There really should be an official means of protesting a negative feedback, having someone at eBay take a look at the auction and the feedback, and making a common sense decision about whether or not your claim is valid. If a user continues to leave feedback that gets overturned, they should have their account NARU'd. Likewise, if a user has a history of making FALSE claims that improper feedback has been left for him/her, then NARU that person. eBay simply doesn't care and would rather ostracize their customers one at a time than have a feedback system that actually works.

..Al

I wishit was so, but our ebay rep has said that it is the customers "opinion" and that they cannot do anything, even if it is show to be false. We even had someone return an item that was missing the hard drive and paypal said " well not much we can do" "file and appeal".

I think ebays days are numbered. It's a shame as it was once a really great venue.

That was before they decided to be an employer rather than a venue.

Best wishes to Chase the ChuckWagon! :D