IGNORED

Wizard Games Fraud?

Stan

Well, $50 seems fair ONLY from what I know from NES and SMS repos. That's just a little over cost for those, so I assume roughly the same price for Atari carts. If not, then yeah, I agree.

It costs about $10 dollars tops to build ANY game for the NES. Then it's all about time, craftmanship and quality after that.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Well, I took part in creating a few and for the boards, labels, boxes, inserts and manuals it ended up being around $47. If you mean just straight cart with nothing on it or in it other than the game, I still disagree. There's quite a bit of cost involved.

Well, I took part in creating a few and for the boards, labels, boxes, inserts and manuals it ended up being around $47. If you mean just straight cart with nothing on it or in it other than the game, I still disagree. There's quite a bit of cost involved.

Yes I ment just for a cart with a nice label. You can disagree thats fine but I've made many NES carts and I know how much it cost me to build them. Any game using a common mapper is a breeze and cheap to do so, thats just how it is.

Those are not reproductions, I know that guy actually. For reproductions you generally need to get specific donor carts to burn the games onto them, and this requires time and lots of money for the equipment, that stuff you see on there is for something else entirely, unless you want to use them to make your repos, but once you have the donor cart, no sense doing it. Cost has gone done, however:

http://www.nesreproductions.com/

Back on topic, I can't believe someone bought one of those! Man...

Those are not reproductions, I know that guy actually. For reproductions you generally need to get specific donor carts to burn the games onto them, and this requires time and lots of money for the equipment, that stuff you see on there is for something else entirely, unless you want to use them to make your repos, but once you have the donor cart, no sense doing it. Cost has gone done, however:

http://www.nesreproductions.com/

Back on topic, I can't believe someone bought one of those! Man...

Dude, your talking out your ass about all this. I'm sorry but MMC1 mapped PCB's are used to make MMC1 mapped games. If your making more complex games with mappers that are not avalible on common boards then you gotta do a little more work sure but nothing crazy. And so what you linked to Leon's site, who cares.

I was showing you the prices, wow you know him too, who cares about that? The price went down for plain carts, but not for other things. Case in point, look at SMS reproductions. There is someone selling them on eBay right now for around 40 with box, cartridge, label and insert. When we made them we wrote the manuals, added pictures, had them printed, did the same with the inserts, got donor carts, burned them, put on labels and sold them at cost which wsa $50. It might depend on what you're doing, but the equipment is NOT cheap, though the casings may be. Casings don't make a reproduction, however and though the cost isn't insane, I never said it was, I said that $50 for something that comes with time, money, probably box, insert, manual whatever is good around $50. I had no idea what it costs to make Atari repos, but I wasn't referring to them, I'm referring to NES and SMS games, which I know. Sure, not insane, but definitely NOT 10 bucks, even for just a cartridge with the label. You're looking at at least what he's charging per game, if not more if you want it to look nice. Even more for more complicated games.

Edited by Stan

Hey Wiz, what would you generally charge for an Atari repo? I really want me some Wizard (at least Halloween), but it looks like getting one off of eBay may be a bit of a struggle. Can you do some pretty sweet labels that look original?

I was showing you the prices, wow you know him too, who cares about that? The price went down for plain carts, but not for other things. Case in point, look at SMS reproductions. There is someone selling them on eBay right now for around 40 with box, cartridge, label and insert. When we made them we wrote the manuals, added pictures, had them printed, did the same with the inserts, got donor carts, burned them, put on labels and sold them at cost which wsa $50. It might depend on what you're doing, but the equipment is NOT cheap, though the casings may be. Casings don't make a reproduction, however and though the cost isn't insane, I never said it was, I said that $50 for something that comes with time, money, probably box, insert, manual whatever is good around $50. I had no idea what it costs to make Atari repos, but I wasn't referring to them, I'm referring to NES and SMS games, which I know. Sure, not insane, but definitely NOT 10 bucks, even for just a cartridge with the label. You're looking at at least what he's charging per game, if not more if you want it to look nice. Even more for more complicated games.

Got Dolt? :ponder:

I hardly even have to respond to that, base price for each game is at least $13 if you use bunny's site. That doesn't include shipping and paying for the equipment you'd need to then burn games, which is going to cost you around $85 to start, if not more. Soldering iron, chips, etc, whatever. Considering that, I don't think I have to say anything else. Got dolt uhhhhhhhh got uhhhhhhhhhh... Wow, so clever. "Got" got out of style the day it was first used, give me something original so I can actually feel bad for myself instead of you.

Edited by Stan

You didn't mention anything about equipment, Shawn Sr. is saying that the materials required to make a simple MMC1 game don't cost more than $10, which I agree with.

Just agree to disagree, hell, you are doing Shawn Sr. a favor actually. He can now charge more for NES repros. :lol:

You didn't mention anything about equipment, Shawn Sr. is saying that the materials required to make a simple MMC1 game don't cost more than $10, which I agree with.

Just agree to disagree, hell, you are doing Shawn Sr. a favor actually. He can now charge more for NES repros. :lol:

I guess so :rolling:

Hahahaha, alright, I suppose, sorry man for flaming it up there. So wiz, what do you generally charge for Atari repos with nice labels and all?

$20-$25, for 2600, $25 for 5200 and $30-$35 for 7800. There are of course exceptions for fancier stuff that requires expensive donors and/or long assembly time, like CommaVid shells for instance. ;)

Hehehe. I was thinking, in particular, of three games I may never hope to have the money to buy (two of them maybe):

1. Texas Chainsaw

2. Halloween

3. Mangia

What about for those? Has a Mangia ever appeared in auction before anyway? If so, just curious, what was the price on that beast?

Wow, those look pretty awesome. I'd want a single-ender for the movie games so they fit in my filing thing nice. What would those be? I have a suck Spectravision game you can use for a donor if you'd need it for the case.