IGNORED

Anyone see this Atlantis 2?

Phantom

Link

I wrote the guy asking if it was a repro or whatnot but no response.

Kinda surprised no one mentioned it before in a thread unless I missed it and if so,

sorry and please delete this one.

Looks to me like someone paid $55 for 5 commons and combat!

Seller isnt one for words I see either.

Even still, if you sell mostly video games, shouldnt you know a little about an Atlantis 2?

Anyone know this seller? Strange deal

LOL, someone either got Atlantis II for a steal or they overpaid for two, small, "2" stickers.

..Al

Yea Al, thats what I was thinking but since the guy seems to sell mostly or all video games,

seems kinda strange that he would list it like that. I guess it is possible someone that had one from back in the day put them stickers on there since as a kid, I may have done something silly like that.

I wish there was a way to find out.

So listen up, if anyone of you bought it, let us know if you got a steal or a bending over, otay? :P

Thanks ;)

I just noticed that this auction was located in Columbus, Ohio. We have a few Video Game Exchange stores around here and the seller's ID is vgmxchange. There's a good chance that this sat out on a store shelf for awhile before they auctioned it.

• 1 month later...

Dear friends, I've received the box with the games today. Don't check the winner, he's a friend who helped me acquiring the lot.

Ok, I've even made a video from the opening of the box to the first scores.

I've never tried Atlantis but, I may be wrong, one of the main differences is there: the scores are not with a line on the numers, like this one:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/screenshots/s_Atlantis_3.png

..but a more symple set of numbers, like this one:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/screenshots/s_Atlantis2_4.png

If I shoot a vessel from a sentry post I get 2 points.

Oh, and it's very hard. I've not tried the standard one, but this one is really fast, even on a PAL system!

Nicola from gamesniped.com

Edited by Nicola

Dear friends, I've received the box with the games today. Don't check the winner, he's a friend who helped me acquiring the lot.

Ok, I've even made a video from the opening of the box to the first scores.

I've never tried Atlantis but, I may be wrong, one of the main differences is there: the scores are not with a line on the numers, like this one:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/screenshots/s_Atlantis_3.png

..but a more symple set of numbers, like this one:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/screenshots/s_Atlantis2_4.png

If I shoot a vessel from a sentry post I get 2 points.

Tell me what else should I check to be sure it's the real deal.

Thanks!!!

Nicola from gamesniped.com

Well Nicola looks like you scored huge on this one friend if it truely is a real Atlantis 2 cartridge.

He sells a lot of games and music, it doesn't mean he's an hard core expert. The "2" sticker made me think about someone who had Atlantis, received the Atlantis 2 by mail and put there a sticker (like those you could find with empty VHS tapes) to recognise it.

If it was a scam, he's been a genius making a so symple auction, exactly like the others he has... If I had to make such scam, I would have done the same but with the help of someone else, I would have tried to get the item featured somewhere.

The label is aged but perfect, and so are the two stickers. If there's a way to see if it's a repro, let me know. But the label looks original and never been removed.

You'll excuse me for not featuring the auction on gamesniped.com...I'm a collector too! It's not the first great deal I make on eBay: a 50 usd Genesis proto lot with an unreleased title and even a 49 usd Blockbuster World Video Game Championships.

Edited by Nicola

I am 100% certain its fake ;)

Ru Ro, Do tell. :ponder:

I got stung buying a cart with almost exactly the same features a couple of years back. it didnt have the little "2" sticker, but the label peeling in the bottom corner is a dead giveaway. the person who made this one also made the one I bought. the glue they used to reapply the label doesnt hold very well and they start to peel on the bottom. I bet if you get a hairdryer and remove the label, the screws will be stuck in with glue and when you remove them you'll find a socketted eprom ;)

Do you rellay think I should try to remove a label that is perfect (aged but perfect)?

And, a socketed EPROM means a cart that weights more than usual. Well, it weights exactly like a Cosmic Ark production cart. I've made the test with a balance after reading yout message but I've noticed immediately that the weight was much different from the lab loaners I have.

The cart's outside is exactly like a standard Imagic cart. The label isn't peeling at all. It has no signs of being fake. It has dust like the other carts in the lot. No glue, label perfectly steady and has not been bent.

Was the seller of the cart you've found years ago the same I bought mine from? Are you sure? Video Game & Music Exchange?

Edited by Nicola

Do you rellay think I should try to remove a label that is perfect (aged but perfect)?

And, a socketed EPROM means a cart that weights more than usual. Well, it weights exactly like a Cosmic Ark production cart. I've made the test after reading yout message.

The cart is exactly like a standard Imagic cart. The label isn't peeling at all. It has no signs of being fake. It has dust like the other carts in the lot.

Was the seller of the cart you've found years ago the same I bought mine from? Are you sure? Video Game & Music Exchange?

Its wasn't the same seller. but then again neither seller was the maker of the carts. The person that makes these gets a standard night labelled cart, peels back the label and inserts an eprom. From the outside of the cart it looks perfectly original, as did mine. ;) when i bought mine even CPUWIZ commented that from the outside it looked original. Unless you open it you can never be 100% sure. You can easily remove the label with a hair dryer (peel it back from the bottom) without doing it damage and then reapply the label once you've checked. take pictures of both sides of the board.

I really hope this is a real A2 cart for your sake, but unfortunately you will most certainly find its a fake. :(

Wouldn't an EPROM cart (socketed or soldered) wheight more than a standard production cart?

Here's the test:

aaaao.jpg

You know that if I peel off the label, the "2" will fly away and the label WILL be bent?

Isn't the weight enough? Cosmic Ark is even fatter!