IGNORED

THE 1 2 P's Demo/Import/Gaming Blog - Penny Strategy Guides

RSS Bot

I got my laptop back(alot quicker than I thought) so heres the pics from yesterday's haul, starting with the penny strategy guides I picked up at Gamestop:

HPIM0991.jpg

Penny guides

HPIM0992.jpg

More guides

HPIM0994.jpg

And more

HPIM0996.jpg

The last of them

Not a bad haul. This was the first time I've scored a lot of penny guides in more than two years. These days most stores do one of three things with them before a customer has a chance at them: 1) take them home to keep, 2) take them home to sell on ebay or 3) throw them away after ripping off the front cover. So in essence I "saved" these guides. The only things in the lot I'm keeping are Devil May Cry 4, Farcry 2, the two code books and the 360 achievement guide. Oh, and in case you want the title breakdown and how many of each I scored, behold:

Unofficial Xbox 360 Achievements (2)

Codes & Cheats Summer 2008

Codes & Cheats Fall

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (3)

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (5)

Fracture (2)

Wario Land: Shakeit (2)

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (2)

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

Mana Khemia

Spore Limited Edition Bundle

Naruto: Path of The Ninja

Devil May Cry 4 (4)

Too Human (2)

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Lego Indiana Jones (2)

Farcry 2

HPIM0989.jpg

Xbox 360 I got for $240 at Circuit City's going out of business sale

Moving right along, I picked up an Xbox 360 60 gig for $60 less than retail at Circuit City's going out of business sale. They still had a few 60 gigs and elites left. I might pick up an elite for $280 once the sale gets to 30% off. Right now it's 20% off for video games and consoles. Now I have a Wii and a 360. I won't be getting a PS3 until it actually gets some good games I want to play. As it stands now, the only three games I want to play for the system haven't been released yet and those would be Killzone 2, DC Universe and God of War 3. So tonight or tomorrow I'm going to hook up my Xbox and transfer my live account from my original Xbox to my 360. However, there is a little dilemma. I already have a 120 gig hard drive I got on sale awhile ago. So I need to sell the 60 gig that came with my new Xbox.

HPIM0990a.jpg

Lost Planet $9.99 at Kmart

Virtual Fighter 5 $13.98 at Target

Max Payne special edition dvd $12.99 at Record &Tape Traders

Next we have Lost Planet, Virtual Fighter 5 and the Max Payne dvd. I also saw Mass Effect for $9.99 at Toys R Us, but as much as I like Bioware I still passed on it. Lost Planet should make for a fun play thru. Virtual Fighter 5 was cheap at $13.95, but someone just informed me(via my clearance thread) that they found one at their Target for $9.98. And then we have Max Payne. Several entries ago I said that, despite all the bad criticism this movie has gotten, I would reserve judgement until I watched it with my own two eyes. Hopefully I'll get to do that soon. I've been very busy with everything lately. But when I do get to watch it I'll make sure to post a full review in here.

Lately I've still been playing Star Wars: Republic Commando on Xbox. I shoud beat it within another week or so. Although fun at times, I sure do get split up from my squad alot. They also aren't nearly as bright as I'd like them to be. Oh well. Anyway, my laptop is back, my camera is back and I'm back. Look out mofos because here I come.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5761