IGNORED

Eye of the Beholder

patters98

I used to love this game on the PC and Amiga and although it seems unlikely it will see a release I'd like to try it out on Handy. I can't seem to get a ROM image though. The demo version that's floating about won't play at all, I can only flip between screens of the artwork.

Has it been posted somewhere?

I used to love this game on the PC and Amiga and although it seems unlikely it will see a release I'd like to try it out on Handy. I can't seem to get a ROM image though. The demo version that's floating about won't play at all, I can only flip between screens of the artwork.

Has it been posted somewhere?

1. It doesn't work on Handy - if you want to see how it works on your computer, get the SNES version which has been available on the 'net.

2. The demo just shows some screens and lets you play with the item screen. What do you expect for free anyway?

3. You could wait for the GBA version - coming soon - which should be a much better version, considering how many years this game has been out now.

3. You could wait for the GBA version - coming soon - which should be a much better version, considering how many years this game has been out now.

Wow, I had no idea an Eye of the Beholder was coming out for the GBA! I just did some looking and have found a few articles with information and some screenshots. Here's one at IGN. I must say, I'm not terribly enthusiastic about the isometric view. It looks like the dungeons will be 3D, while the surface will be rendered in a 3/4 view. But still, cool to see it coming out on another platform after all these years. The first one was such a ripoff of Dungeon Master on the ST that I'm amazed they never got sued. :)

..Al

I must say, I'm not terribly enthusiastic about the isometric view.

Ugh... they call that Eye Of The Beholder? What a disgrace... I always thought Dungeon Master was a much better game anyways, but it's still sad to see them mangle EOB...

--Zero

• 4 years later...

Had to dig this topic up due to my recent lynx addition... I see this says that EOTB doesn't work on handy though the rom is floating around, and I swear I played it on an emulator recently... Also if it dosen't play on Handy or an emulator, how do we have such clean (emulated) looking EOTB screenshots on Atariage? Somebody tell me I'm not going crazy...

The 'Demo' Rom is floating around, yes. And that's

where the screenshots came from. But it is not fully

playable, like the complete Version of the Rom. (The

full version isn't floating around, and even if it was,

isn't supported by Handy, if I understand correctly.)

Well, yeah, I'm sure that the one I'm talking about IS the demo version, not the full... But even at that, THAT wouldn't play in HANDY emulator either... Yet I swear I've played it... (And yes, for that system, not the Amiga, or ST or SNES etc) So if AA has screenshots of the DEMO version which is what I'm talking about, how did they get it to work with HANDY? That's my question...