IGNORED

Starplex controller...

SoundGammon

Hi gang!

Here's a couple of pics of my Starplex controller I got a few years ago on E-Bay. It came out around 1982 for the 2600 from a company in Spokane WA. Still has the protective plastic on it! Has auto-fire option, great for Asteroids! The buttons have the same exact spacing as an Asteroid arcade machine. Works great with 7800 and the Stelladaptor! If you ever get a chance to get one-grab it!

post-7077-1233519049_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of my Starplex controller I got a few years ago on E-Bay. It came out around 1982 for the 2600 from a company in Spokane WA. Still has the protective plastic on it! Has auto-fire option, great for Asteroids! The buttons have the same exact spacing as an Asteroid arcade machine. Works great with 7800 and the Stelladaptor! If you ever get a chance to get one-grab it!

That is pretty neat. I really do not know much about other controllers other than the prolines, and the D-Pads (and paddles). I'd love to get some of the more obscure ones.

• 4 years later...

A MUST HAVE for the upcoming Atari 2600 Star Castle Arcade (even if you play it on a 7800)! Well, it really makes the game play feel like the arcade.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/144/entry-9545-star-castle-developments/

I haven't found one yet with that type of sticker although I have seen the box showing that, just the woodgrain ones and I also have one without a sticker (just black plastic).

Never seen the silver label version before. Mine used to have the woodgrain label but it's been updated for my latest 2600 game.

post-3056-0-75912600-1375302295_thumb.jpg

The last time I recall purchasing a controller for/with a game was Street Fighter II Championship Edition for the Sega Genesis along with two, 6-button Sega control pads.

I keep hoping/wishing that a homebrew would be released with the possibililty of a new controller/controls offering.

A Starplex(-like) controller, "Space Rocks" edition, and a gamepad "Bentley Bear" edition would be oh, so sweet.

:ponder: :love:

P.S. That Starplex controller would ROCK for Phoenix too, and be much more truer to the original Arcade controls.