IGNORED

Planet Bob - Playing Alternate Reality - The Dungeon (C64)

RSS Bot

Hi there!

Yay! Here comes another one from my beloved RPG genre:

alternatereality.gif

I never played this one back in the day, but I remember wanting too. I guess I couldn't afford it at the time or I was too busy playing The Bard's Tale - or both! :)

I already started several attempts nowadays to get into it, but this time I'm giving it a really serious try, I even read the complete manual!

Well, the first advice it has for new adentureres, is figuring out how to stay alive - which I just did tonight. I was roaming the north-east quarter of the impressive 64*64 squares map, just learning the basics of the game.

I bought me a whip and making good use of it I killed 2-3 dozen monsters with it, so I'm now a level 2 character. I'm still dying often enough though, so I'm making good use of save-states. What I did not figure out so far, is how to get money in this game. I found some copper coins after 2 of the fights, but this is so little, that I still can't afford buying anything at all, not even owning a single piece of armor by now.

Also, as you can see above, I tried joining a guild. Unfortunately they kicked me out, claiming I'm not good enough for them yet...

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5783