IGNORED

Best 5200 emulator........

OldSchoolRetroGamer

OK, you might be surprised but I just got finished using Pro System emulator for 7800 ROMS and was really impressed, I certainly am not new to emualtion but other than the 2600 Pro System is the only other Atari emulator I have used. Soooooo I would really like to play some 5200 roms, what is the best emulator for this? I prefer if possible something as goos a Pro System, something that defintely will use my PC controller, it was a blast using a XBOX 360 PC gamepad to play old 7800 games, hell why bother with virtual console LOL!

hell why bother with virtual console LOL!

Because it isn't theft?

First off...there aren't any 5200 games available on the virtual console or 360 XBLA...

Secondly... :roll:

Anyway...

5200 emulation can be a little tricky when compared to 2600 or 7800 emulation. Personally I use atari800win+ and find it to be great.

I also use the atari800winplus.

me too but in order to use the second fire button i must map a gamepad button to the right shift key

i woudl appreciate if anybody could walk me through how to make it work as a xl computer and how to load those games

Edited by bohoki

5200 emulation still doesn't work in Mac OS X Atari800. Instant crash. Maybe the Windows version has more chance.

:?: It works for me using Atari800MacX. I've been using it for years -- right up to and including yesterday -- with no problems.

Atari800MacX v.3.8.1 under Mac OS X 10.5 Intel. Tried loading cartridges with either one chip or two chip 5200 cartridges. Either crashes or stands idle. My other bios images work normally.

I don't know what kind of voodoo enchantment you use on your side, but for my part I've pretty much given up on it. Atari 8-bit Computer emulation works nicely, though.

Atari800MacX v.3.8.1 under Mac OS X 10.5 Intel. Tried loading cartridges with either one chip or two chip 5200 cartridges. Either crashes or stands idle. My other bios images work normally.

Very strange -- have you messaged Atarimac about this? I've had no problems with the PPC version under 10.4. Do you think your bios image might be corrupt?

Another game i've been having trouble with is Star Trek. I get the title screen and hear music, but that's it. I can't get the game to start.

I can play the 8-bit computer version, but once again i think that would be against the rules of the 5200 HSC.

Here's a picture of what i get of Star Trek on the Atari800winplus.

We were just talking about that over here! It sounds like that's an issue on the Windows version too, then?