IGNORED

Cleaning the system?

christineka

I've just got my 5200 all hooked up and attached to the tv. It originally turned on, but my dh moved it and that doesn't happen anymore. I have found very technical instructions on the web on how to fix the power supply issue. (I'll make my dh do that.) When it did turn on it just showed a black screen. I cleaned one cartridge and got almost no dust off, so my guess is it is the console's issue and not the cartridges. I was reading up on the nintendo I just aquired and the guy says a cleaning has fixed every "broken" nintendo he's gotten a hold of, so I want to clean my atari to see if that will fix it. Can I clean it? How? (If you give me techno mumbo jumbo I'll have to have my dh translate for me. I'm not the most technical person, so description of what the parts look like are better than their actual names.) I grew up with the atari as my family's household computer (1200xl), but my dh is a TI guy and isn't so wild about atari, so it is best if I can do this myself.

Thanks,

Christine