IGNORED

Berzerk Masters Wanted

Mingy Jongo

Hello, I am obsessed with Berzerk. I was wondering what strategies the pros use to get scores of 20000+. My high score is currently 15050. Here is what I do: 1. get out of diagonal range. 2. kill close horizontal enemies. 3. kill vertical enemies. 3. go after rest using walls for cover. I always move left to right, and enter rooms from as low as possible. Is moving right to left better, or entering rooms at higher heights? I am desparate to beat 20k. thanks.

Hello, I am obsessed with Berzerk. I was wondering what strategies the pros use to get scores of 20000+. My high score is currently 15050. Here is what I do: 1. get out of diagonal range. 2. kill close horizontal enemies. 3. kill vertical enemies. 3. go after rest using walls for cover. I always move left to right, and enter rooms from as low as possible. Is moving right to left better, or entering rooms at higher heights? I am desparate to beat 20k. thanks.

berzerk should be called run for your life after 20000 you realize there is no escape it never ends the best option is to just quit

keep going up is my general philosophy cause up is less distance than left to right or right to left

atari016.png

berzerk should be called run for your life after 20000 you realize there is no escape it never ends the best option is to just quit

keep going up is my general philosophy cause up is less distance than left to right or right to left

atari016.png

Did you get that score? I just modified my strategy (going up instead of facing risky single robots while moving rightward) and got this on my first attempt:

post-9703-1234396524_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

I usually go through the door on the right.

I try to absolutely avoid the one on the bottom.

My top score is about 25,000.

Here are some tips:

1) Robots do not fire from the center. For example, if one is charging you from above and you are a bit to the left, then you can hit him before he can hit you. Likewise, you can fire over the tops of barriers when they cannot. Hence, Robots coming from below your level or from the left and above are more dangerous. Make a note of all of these things; note where you have advantages and disadvantages.

2) Screens with only 2, 3, 4, or 5 robots are the most dangerous. With 9-11 robots, most will destroy each other, and Otto will take longer to arrive- but with only a few, you'll likely have to destroy all of them yourself, and Otto comes in quickly, so get moving, first thing!

3) Practice precise control. There is a situation at the beginning of a screen with a robot above and/or below you, which you can only escape if you move just a bit to the left (this assumes you exit from the right) and shoot up and/or down. This is difficult with a regular 5200 stick.

4) If you cannot get all of the robots, forget it. Try, but it's not worth losing a life over.