IGNORED

Cart connectors at Digikey - $5

kurtm

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dk...p;name=S3305-ND

A bit of digging, and I found cart connectors at digikey. IN STOCK.

It's a RoHS part, and I'm wondering if the problems folks were having getting them (and them being like $8/each) were during a transition between the old non-RoHS and new....

But, in case folks are looking for them, I figured I'd post the link here.

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dk...p;name=S3305-ND

A bit of digging, and I found cart connectors at digikey. IN STOCK.

It's a RoHS part, and I'm wondering if the problems folks were having getting them (and them being like $8/each) were during a transition between the old non-RoHS and new....

But, in case folks are looking for them, I figured I'd post the link here.

$5.00 is an outrageous price.. Back when these were commonly used, you could get them for less than a dollar each..

$5.00 is an outrageous price.. Back when these were commonly used, you could get them for less than a dollar each..

No big deal. I just had remembered you quoting $8/each "when I can get them" back in the 1200XL PBI thread, so when I found it for cheaper I figured I'd let folks know.

No big deal. I just had remembered you quoting $8/each "when I can get them" back in the 1200XL PBI thread, so when I found it for cheaper I figured I'd let folks know.

I have been quoted that much for them in the past.. I didnt buy them.. But when you create a price for something, and take people's money, you have to figure worst case scenario.. If you end up a few dollars over, noone minds.. If you end up having to ask for more money, its a collossal pain in the a$$ for everyone..

I have been quoted that much for them in the past.. I didnt buy them.. But when you create a price for something, and take people's money, you have to figure worst case scenario.. If you end up a few dollars over, noone minds.. If you end up having to ask for more money, its a collossal pain in the a$$ for everyone..

They're $2.60 if you buy a 100.

Realistically, no hobbiest is going to be purchasing in those quantities. The MIO II production run was in the dozens; who would buy one hundred cart connectors to keep around the house "just in case"? (Unless they were going to make the cart-switcher to end all cart-switchers...)

Realistically, no hobbiest is going to be purchasing in those quantities. The MIO II production run was in the dozens; who would buy one hundred cart connectors to keep around the house "just in case"? (Unless they were going to make the cart-switcher to end all cart-switchers...)

okey dooky...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...37612&st=25

MEtalGuy66:

By the way, Im submitting a request to several companies for a quote on some cart connectors. If anyone wants to "get in" on a bulk order of these, PM me.

I really dont wanna start a long-assed order list for this as well, so Im gonna restrict this to "orders" of 10 or more.. I dont know what kind of price we'll get (I'm shooting for $2.00 per connector and prepared to pay up to $10.00 per connector), but the part numbers I'm requesting are for 3M or AMPHENOL High quality, "earless" with gold contacts..

These will be the cart connectors on a XE Extender board or the 1200XL PBI adapter, or the cart connector on a non-XE computer.

Sorry for acting the thicko here, but when you say 'cartridge connectors' you mean the thing that you stick the cartridge into...i.e, at the back (if xe) or the top (if xl or 800/400)

How many 1200XL PBI extender's did Metalguy make? 50? Two cartridge ports on each one... It's possible that a hobby project may just purchase 100 pcs... get 2 or 3 people together projects that need cartridge ports and it's even easier to get to 100.