IGNORED

ColecoVision Penguin Land...

doubledown

He's just fishing for high offers in all likelihood.

Not the first one he's sold on eBay, though it's been a while since the last.

(And no, the last one didn't fetch $750.)

that's whack then if he is trying to jack people

I mean homebrews are cool and deserve a little bit of money

but to me the whole joy of collecting for old systems is

the fact that the games are cheap

Penguin Land was ported by Steve Begin, and I did the label the artwork (and printing). I did gave to him all the labels I printed for this game. He also have a bunch of new plastic cartridges, pcbs, and eeproms. So, he can make new ones if he wants to.

Side note : I have the original rom file because I did burn these eeprom chips inside the released cartridges.

How hard is it to port those Sega games? It seems to be a popular thing to do (more so than true homebrews from what I see).

From what I've been told by several people (including Eduardo) porting from the SG-1000 to the ColecoVision is pretty easy, especially when compared to other similar machines like the MSX. The SG-1000 has the same CPU, has only 1K of RAM and has the same sound chip as the CV. Porting SG-1000 games is not exactly a walk in the park, it does take time, but it's a bit less of a hassle. :)

Penguin Land was ported by Steve Begin, and I did the label the artwork (and printing). I did gave to him all the labels I printed for this game. He also have a bunch of new plastic cartridges, pcbs, and eeproms. So, he can make new ones if he wants to.

Side note : I have the original rom file because I did burn these eeprom chips inside the released cartridges.

It's too bad Steve can't be bothered to make more. I would gladly recycle the Penguin Land box art I did into an Opcode box art and release Penguin Land under the Opcode banner. It's definately one of Steve's best porting jobs, if not THE best.

newcoleco, you should contact Steve and see what he would be willing to do. I'd love to see OpCode do this up right with a box and everything. I'm sure if the terms were right, anyone in their right mind would be happy to sit back and get a part of the proceeds while someone else does all the rest of the work :) Even if I had to pay a little extra over the normal OpCode price to pad Steve for his hard work, it would be well worth it. The more new coleco stuff the better!

AX

can you distribute the rom file?

To make a long story short, last time I talked with Steve it was when I released Jeepers Creepers. We lost contact after that.

As for distribution under opcodegames banner, you have to deal with him directly for that, I suppose you still have his email address somewhere.

And for the rom file, I had a bad reaction last year when I decided to put some rom files in public domain for a short period of time. So, just too bad.

As for distribution under opcodegames banner, you have to deal with him directly for that, I suppose you still have his email address somewhere.

If Steve wants to come out of his little cave or whatever, I'll be there to greet him. I sent him a free copy of my Penguin Land box in late 2007 and I never even got a thank you note from him. I'm certainly not going to run after him now.

Still, if he did contact me about letting me publish Penguin Land, I'd welcome him with open arms. :)