IGNORED

Planet Bob - Playing Sidewize (C64)

RSS Bot

Hi there!

So who can guess which Capcom arcade inspired this one:

sidewize.gif

I have to apologize upfront for launching into this with a screen straight from the final boss battle, but it was the first halfway decent graphics to be seen in this spectrum conversion :ponder:

It is a horizontally scrolling shmup where you're the last hope of mankind, equipped with a jetpack. There's really bad invaders, but you get all the standard formation annihilation boni (speedups/firepower) to beat them.

You're supposed to liberate 4 different planets, which usually happens in 4 steps: 1. Outer Space, 2. Planet Surface, 3. Outer Space and 4. Boss. The main difference between these phases is that there's a boss at the end of the 4th...

There's maybe 20 different enemies/attack patterns in the whole game and you're defeating each of them about 50 times throughout the game. That's it.

It is so mindboggingly boring, that I'm not sure wether I should consider it being even worse than Magmax :-o

sidewize_x.gif

I'm so glad it's all over!

Some future day the Playing series may see another horizontal shmup in the form of "IO", but first it'll continue with something different.

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5805