IGNORED

Does this seem weird? Crazy Climber box with the cart left out?

lapetino

Why so much, it's not THAT rare. Just everyone who collects 2600 games knows about it. Bumper Bash is rarer, and this guy has been trying to get a mint CIB one to sell for $270 OBO for months:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=320336675742

Either you are just another troll or just misinformed. First of all, that Bumper Bash is in Europe, which most likely makes it PAL, second the game Crazy Climber is rather common but the box is very hard to find. How many boxed Crazy Climber's have you got for sale for me? It took me 7 years to get a minty box for that game, I'll take some more for trade bait.

Troll? Come on, how many trolls have a resume like me? 30 years of gaming, on national TV, in EGM and Electronic games, ran a classic gaming fanzine from 1991 to 1993, have 1,000 games, 35+ systems, 500+ magazines, and my own classic gaming forum board (see sig).

I will gladly admit I was misinformed. Off the top of my head, I didn't know it was PAL, sorry.

Why so much, it's not THAT rare. Just everyone who collects 2600 games knows about it. Bumper Bash is rarer, and this guy has been trying to get a mint CIB one to sell for $270 OBO for months:

Either you are just another troll or just misinformed. First of all, that Bumper Bash is in Europe, which most likely makes it PAL, second the game Crazy Climber is rather common but the box is very hard to find. How many boxed Crazy Climber's have you got for sale for me? It took me 7 years to get a minty box for that game, I'll take some more for trade bait.

Troll? Come on, how many trolls have a resume like me? 30 years of gaming, on national TV, in EGM and Electronic games, ran a classic gaming fanzine from 1991 to 1993, have 1,000 games, 35+ systems, 500+ magazines, and my own classic gaming forum board (see sig).

I will gladly admit I was misinformed. Off the top of my head, I didn't know it was PAL, sorry.

Bumper Bash NTSC CIB Might be Harder to Find, but It seems That Crazy Climber, Goes for more CIB. It seems to be a bit more sought after.. It is hard to Believe, That being around as long as you have that you didn't realize the Value of this Box and Instruction. Hell, A couple years ago, Smile_Walle Got $700 for his Crazy Climber CIB, but Like I said, I think It is more of a $350 to $500 now. I will ask my bud for a run down of the last 5 to 10 sales on ebay today. HHW

Bumper Bash NTSC CIB Might be Harder to Find, but It seems That Crazy Climber, Goes for more CIB. It seems to be a bit more sought after.. It is hard to Believe, That being around as long as you have that you didn't realize the Value of this Box and Instruction. Hell, A couple years ago, Smile_Walle Got $700 for his Crazy Climber CIB, but Like I said, I think It is more of a $350 to $500 now. I will ask my bud for a run down of the last 5 to 10 sales on ebay today. HHW

No arguement there, I 100% agree. It seems that value is only partially based on rarity. It is also heavily based on desirability (is that a word?). A perfect example is the Entex Adventurevision. CIB it goes for around $5,000 (maybe $4,000 in this economy). I have every reason to believe that the Romtec Colorvision is rarer, yet it goes for $400 to $500 CIB, because no one's heard of it.

Waterworld is another one. Everyone wants one, yet theere are far rarer games worth less. I personally got mine in 1985 in KB. They were common in NYC, I saw them everywhere first hand.

Edited by White Knight

Why so much, it's not THAT rare. .... Bumper Bash is rarer

"rarity" does not always translate to "value" my friend. If that was the case, all us PAL collectors would have collections worth more than Wonder007's ;)

I know, desirability is the key. :)

The top bidder is the guy who just picked up the silver box Gravitar and Quadrun in the other topic I started. Looks like he is in it to win it no matter what the cost, which has gone well beyond a reasonable price. Great for the seller, however, but I hope the buyer understands that the cart is not included.

The top bidder is the guy who just picked up the silver box Gravitar and Quadrun in the other topic I started. Looks like he is in it to win it no matter what the cost, which has gone well beyond a reasonable price. Great for the seller, however, but I hope the buyer understands that the cart is not included.

I have the same mentality, but even I have limits. I'm glad I drove the bid up though, now the buyer has to pay the price and hopefully realize his mistake.

That buyer didn't pay me. Who is to say that he will pay for this?

File a non paying bidder on this bastard :mad: :mad: :mad:

I did. He didn't pay for 4 items and eBay returned the final value fees. I miss the days when I could at least leave feedback for those who didn't pay,

I did. He didn't pay for 4 items and eBay returned the final value fees. I miss the days when I could at least leave feedback for those who didn't pay,

So why hasn't Ebay suspended the account? :ponder:

Wow, so this scum cost me from winning this item. I bid $399 and still lost. He likely bid $1,000 and won't pay.

Wow, so this scum cost me from winning this item. I bid $399 and still lost. He likely bid $1,000 and won't pay.

Interesting! You bid $400 for a game you insisted was only worth $200 :D

Interesting! You bid $400 for a game you insisted was only worth $200 :D

Well, I still insisit it's worth $200, but I just wanted a home for my lonely CC cartridge, and overbid. :) Looking back though, I'm glad I didn't pay more than $300. Still, I'm glad I brought it up to $400. No way the buyer's paying that much. :)

Well, I still insisit it's worth $200, but I just wanted a home for my lonely CC cartridge, and overbid. :) Looking back though, I'm glad I didn't pay more than $300. Still, I'm glad I brought it up to $400. No way the buyer's paying that much. :)

Yes, but when things like this happen, resellers continually hold up the auction example as "look, see, this is what this is WORTH". Same thing with commons... A Pac-Man randomly sells for $20 to an idiot, then everyone thinks their crap is gold.

Edited by Mirage1972

Like Dino Said. How can you bid $399 and say it is a $200 CIB Game?? :roll: :-D

Edited by hhwolfman

Because I got lucky and landed a new job December 1st that pays money I'm not used to seeing. For whatever cost (to an extent, bidding over $400 would have been crazy), I wanted that item. I'm certainly not rich or bragging, just pointing out why since you asked. :)

Because I got lucky and landed a new job December 1st that pays money I'm not used to seeing. For whatever cost (to an extent, bidding over $400 would have been crazy), I wanted that item. I'm certainly not rich or bragging, just pointing out why since you asked. :)

It proves my point that it is a $$350 to $500 CIB Game in this economy. :D Maybe more in a better economy. :)

It proves my point that it is a $$350 to $500 CIB Game in this economy. :D Maybe more in a better economy. :)

Maybe more now. :) We'll see how much the CIB one on eBay goes for. What's your prediction? :)