IGNORED

It's not that I don't trust you... Okay it is...

hex65000

Well, I'm happily listing things on CTCW/Vendazzle now and there's no way I'm going back to EBay as long as Mike keeps running his site.

I've got a friend who gave me some carts to sell on commission and that's been okay, but I've got a buyer who is making me hella-nervous primarily from his lack of reading comprehension skills, borderline ability to make sense, and being in a bit of a hurry to get his games. To compound the problem, he's in Canada. So inexpensive fraud-resistant tools like USPS delivery confirmation won't work. (Stupid post office.) I'm inclined to just ship it UPS which almost makes the ship cost double what USPS charges. I'm not thrilled about that, and I'm sure he won't be either. Any thoughts/ideas on what I can do to make sure he's not trying to hose me on this? Is there a happy medium that I haven't thought of? Any ideas from the peanut gallery?

Hex.

[ "Snakes... why did it have to be snakes..." --Indiana Jones ]

Stamps.com had tracking on the last small package I sent to ShawnSr... it seemed to be a new feature, and only for first class INTl (so upto 4lbs). I don't know if it worked though, I never checked it after he said it was delivered. If I can find the # I'll let you know if it worked.

AX

I think my wife said they made her sign for that package you sent me also so it looks like tracking and sig on delivery! :)

Actually, no. It's not even a lot of money. It's that it's not even my money.

I'm also sure that if I were a professional reseller I'd have priced stuff higher. It's more of a benefit of the doubt thing than anything else. I only block a bidder if it's absolutely needed. The games are fairly popular titles though. I don't want to say, "I won't sell to you because you make me twitchy." In one case a buyer had a PO box as a mailing address and that made me nervous. Fortunately, he had some feedback and I just asked one of the sellers how the transaction went. I then shipped off his initial purchase and a fairly massive bulk buy that he did a few weeks later. All went without a hitch.

I had one buyer decide to 'withdraw his bid' after I bounced his credit card payment -- I state this clearly in the payment requirements of my auctions that I don't take credit cards. Go ahead and look for yourself, I'll wait. :) So yeah, I pondered forcing the issue or just relisting it. It sold for the minimum bid anyway so he got blocked as a reward for being a knucklehead.

The moral of the story, don't be a knucklehead. ;)

@Ax:

I'll look at that Stamps.com thing right now. Having him sign for a well armored box (you've seen how I pack first hand) should mitigate a majority of the risk. If possible, PM me any tips you may have on using Stamps; I'd appreciate it.

Hex.

[ if (Belly_fulla_rice_noodles == good_thing){ dead_bug_mode((int )sit_there); }else{ call_the_frickin_doctor((double)panic); } ]

Well it does generate a number under the new international shipping Shawns was LJ305478334US, but on the USPS.com it just shows the day it was sent, not the delivery info. canadapost.ca doesn't know the number at all. Somewhere they have to store the delivery info, since it gets signed for... just not sure if it is online anywhere.

Ax

The tracking to Canada is a problem. Express mail is the only option through the post office that PayPal will accept as proof of delivery but it is very expensive. I am not sure about UPS. I thought that UPS bills the sender for custom's fees if the buyer doesn't pay them but I could be wrong about that. I only use the post office when sending internationally. Priority mail doesn't even work. It tracks part of the way to Canada but I have yet to get one showing the package delivered.

Well, I'm happily listing things on CTCW/Vendazzle now and there's no way I'm going back to EBay as long as Mike keeps running his site.

I've got a friend who gave me some carts to sell on commission and that's been okay, but I've got a buyer who is making me hella-nervous primarily from his lack of reading comprehension skills, borderline ability to make sense, and being in a bit of a hurry to get his games. To compound the problem, he's in Canada. So inexpensive fraud-resistant tools like USPS delivery confirmation won't work. (Stupid post office.) I'm inclined to just ship it UPS which almost makes the ship cost double what USPS charges. I'm not thrilled about that, and I'm sure he won't be either. Any thoughts/ideas on what I can do to make sure he's not trying to hose me on this? Is there a happy medium that I haven't thought of? Any ideas from the peanut gallery?

Hex.

[ "Snakes... why did it have to be snakes..." --Indiana Jones ]

Is this a buyer on the Chuckwagon? LMK.