IGNORED

Defender of the Crown

Tempest

I know we had a topic about this last year, but unfortunately that one got locked due to some nasty fighting between various individuals that I'd like to avoid this time (read that as a threat and think before your post).

Has anyone thought about porting Defender of the Crown to the Atari 8-bits? I know it's possible (heck, someone is even doing it on the Intellivision), but is anyone willing to put in the time and effort? Are the Cinemaware copyrights a big enough concern to prevent anyone from doing this?

Tempest

A lot of effort for someone...

I see it as a bit like Summer Games. A bunch of mostly below average mini-games put together to form a slightly above average game.

On the other hand... give it interlaced graphics 160x480 with G2F type pics and it could be a visual showcase... but still probably a pretty ordinary gaming experience.

I see it as a bit like Summer Games. A bunch of mostly below average mini-games put together to form a slightly above average game.

All Cinemaware games are just a collection of mini-games, that's just the style they went with. DotC has a nice strategy element to it as well though. I guess it's either one of those games that you grew up with and loved, or you don't see what all the fuss is about (like MULE).

Tempest

Yeah, it would be a "trophy game." It would be something to show off the A8 with more than to play it.

I'd love to see a really nice graphic adventure like The Pawn done with enhanced graphics.

Never thought of that... The Pawn would look supurb with graphics rendered in a higer color mode.

Are the Cinemaware copyrights a big enough concern to prevent anyone from doing this?

Cinemaware are giving away all the 8- and 16-bit versions of the game on their website if people sign up, so if they were asked nicely i'd be surprised if it'd be a problem.