IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - K-graphs

RSS Bot

Once upon a time, I was reading a book I checked out at the library. I think it was called "Dancing With the Alphabet." In it, it discussed letters and words, how to use them and manipulate them. It was quite fascinating. I can't find anything on the internet about it, though. Well, anyway, in this book, it discussed K-Graphs. In this book, a k-graph is like a Boggle-setup of letters that spell out words. You can only use the same letter once in the graph, but it can stand for more than one instance of the letter in the word. In the book, they said the longest word k-graphed was 24 letters long. I tried doing "antidisestablishmentarianism" (25 letters) and I did it. Fast-forward years later, and just to see if I could, I tried to again, and after about 10 minutes, I was successful in fitting it in a 4x4 square. I want to go to the library to see if I can find it, and then go to Borders to see if it's still in print and buy it (of course, I could steal it from the library and never give it back, but I don't wanna.) It's a long shot, but does anyone have ANY idea what I'm talking about?

Attached image(s)

blogentry-9475-1235007820.png

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=5818