IGNORED

Is there any new VBXE software?

candle

An year has passed since VBXE was released, so i just wonder - if there is some development in software field for this upgrade

would like to see some games/demos/whatever there is on vbxe

could someone elaborate on that matter?

some programs to download perhaps?

I don't think I've even heard of anyone here buying/installing a VBXE, let alone writing software for it.

If this thing was promoted and distributed a bit more, then maybe such support would be more widespread.

ed - also, if emulation for it was available, support might skyrocket. Also, it would be the ideal, free way to "try before you buy".

Edited by Rybags

well

it is...

sort of...

but i don't know if i post even some pictures here from working emulation on atari++ emulator i'm affride i won't be among living much longer...

already mentioned him urge to rush things up and release this version, even if not finnished and some features are still missing

but it can display color maps, beautiful sprites and fufll-screen 256 colors pictures

anyway he needs help with testing, and would have better motivation if not doing all of this alone and forgotten

it would be great lost if this one would be forgotten

its not cheap to produce, but well worth every dime and penny put into it

as all of you saw on vbxe.atari.info there are schematics, gerber files for production run and core programs - everything one needs to reproduce the board

its just a lot of work for one man to produce one board, not to mention whole run

anyway my thinking is that if emulator - even not perfectly emulating vbxe would be avial, that would really speed things up

Hello guys

The stuff is on my special stuff page too. You'll find the stuff you need to build one just above the end of the page. But I guess that fact that most of the text has been written in (IIRC) Polish, doesn't help much.

I want a VBXE too (maybe even two), but I need a PCB with the SMD stuff already on it and if possible, flashed already.

greetings

Mathy

Well, look, if we can get some clear instructions and parts lists, we certainly have resources here that could both fund and build some of these boards. Metalguy comes to mind for the build, and I for one would help fund whoever wanted to build some boards.

But anyways, yes, releasing some emulator support would do more than anything else for community support and interest.

Edited by danwinslow

Well, look, if we can get some clear instructions and parts lists, we certainly have resources here that could both fund and build some of these boards. Metalguy comes to mind for the build, and I for one would help fund whoever wanted to build some boards.

But anyways, yes, releasing some emulator support would do more than anything else for community support and interest.

I really want one of these boards, but there is no way I could build just one for myself. PCB cost would be prohibitive for a single and I do not have a chip programmer. It would be great if we could manage to just get a run of bare PCBs done.

Stephen Anderson

well

it is...

sort of...

but i don't know if i post even some pictures here from working emulation on atari++ emulator i'm affride i won't be among living much longer...

already mentioned him urge to rush things up and release this version, even if not finnished and some features are still missing

but it can display color maps, beautiful sprites and fufll-screen 256 colors pictures

anyway he needs help with testing, and would have better motivation if not doing all of this alone and forgotten

I think it's really priority #1 to have emulation available to kickstart software development. I thought that the VBXE extention for Atari++ was still in progress being ironed out? I hope he's not losing interest in working on it.

The Corina emulation isn't perfect yet too but it's good enough to allow the development of the first cart release.

I know there's a mixed feeling about vbxe, I'm personally somewhere in the middle. I've always been in favour of the purists developing for the stock machines which is what we're all here for but at the same time I'm still very interested in hardware extensions. That side of the A8 scene can be thought of as a separate niche I guess.

Tezz...you have a beta of the Atari++ incl. corina? Possibile to release that beta to public or not?
Hi Heaven, yes I have the beta with Corina support for the work on the cart releases. I think it'll be a public release soon. I'd have to ask if it's ok with the author to share it in it's current state.

heaven: there are

tezz: it is still in progress - but as far as i can have this opinion - its ready to go, i may change my mind when/if i got my own (or someones else) vbxe to compare it with real thing, but i think it is more than enought to get something done software-wise

to all:

is there any "skeleton" extension example for atari++? source code is well commented, but to add something there in right way - don't know really where to start :/

would like to contribute though :(

Edited by candle