IGNORED

Found an undiscovered Commando POW location

Lord Thag

Great work on the maps!

I finally got part of it on my web site here. Only the link to the first level works, I still need to add the next three.

Mitch

Looks good. I've been busy/sick (alternatingly) all week so haven't had time to do the second missions yet. I just sat down then and made save states for all the levels however so I should be able to get the last 4 done by the end of the weekend. The only real problem I see will be the end of level 2-3. Large section with nothing but sand tiles. And this time the special enemies move vertically instead of horizontally. Other than that I shouldn't have too much trouble.

By the way, is there a cleaned up version of 1-3? I didn't see one.

Not in the thread, but given the nature of the map at the end of 1-3, I'm not surprised. ;) I'm dreading doing 2-3 due to the same problem with nothing but gravel as those area segments are all about vehicle dodging.

Anyhow, here's level 2-1. It's mostly clean except for a few little things. I'll try to get 2-2 to 2-4 done between now and sunday. (2-3 might be the last one I do!)

post-4460-1236331269_thumb.png

BTW, I need to say this again.

Mord rocks!

-John

Thanks. :)

Here's 2-2. I think it's as clean as it'll get as well. There might be a chance for me to do 2-3's gravel portion without ripping my hair out. Based on some tricks I needed to do here where there's a place or two where the repetition in tiles made it otherwise hard to stitch.

It'll still be messy as heck tho.

post-4460-1236419932_thumb.png

Edited by Mord

Area 2-3. There's a good chance it's pixel perfect for the gravel section with the way I snapped and saved pics. But regardless of whether it is or not, it shouldn't matter that much. Essentially it's wide open space with jeeps charging directly in front of you for a few screens worth.

*edits* And 2-4, which I must have done pretty fast if the edit button was still active... :ponder:

post-4460-1236470228_thumb.png

post-4460-1236473585_thumb.png

Edited by Mord

• 2 weeks later...

bu-bu-bump. :ponder:

Propane13: Let me know if you need help with 1-3 and/or 2-3. I know those are likely nightmarish to clean.

I think we have all the maps otherwise. Tell me if any were missed and I'll get it done. The only thing that would be good for the webpage after that would be for someone to write up details about what the powerups do, how to play/uncover POW camps, and hints for getting past any difficult parts. :)

--

Mord

bu-bu-bump. :ponder:

Propane13: Let me know if you need help with 1-3 and/or 2-3. I know those are likely nightmarish to clean.

I think we have all the maps otherwise. Tell me if any were missed and I'll get it done. The only thing that would be good for the webpage after that would be for someone to write up details about what the powerups do, how to play/uncover POW camps, and hints for getting past any difficult parts. :)

--

Mord

I think 1-3 and 2-3 cleanup are the only two left to do.

If anyone has figured out how to unlock the hidden invincibility and level select (assuming they weren't removed) that would be nice to add as well.

Mitch

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got Commando. What a great game! These maps are alot of help. Thanks for all your hard work Mord and Propane13

for putting the maps together!

On a side note - is there a old thread here on AtariAge that has maps of Ikari Warriors?

I'd like to know if i'm getting close to the end of the game or not.

I recently got Commando. What a great game! These maps are alot of help. Thanks for all your hard work Mord and Propane13

for putting the maps together!

On a side note - is there a old thread here on AtariAge that has maps of Ikari Warriors?

I'd like to know if i'm getting close to the end of the game or not.

If there is, we haven't done it. The Mapping Crew have only done Commando and Scrapyard Dog so far. ;)

The Bats, Snakes, and Spiders in the POW Locations can't be killed can they?

If they can it's probably only with a grenade, although I don't think even grenades will do the trick unless you have to be absolutely spot-on. Likely a better plan to just run past them carefully even if a grenade can take them out.